How much exercise do you take each day?

I'm finally getting back into exercising. It sucks lol. Two of the last four days I have hit the gym and swam laps for exercise. Its a rough start, but I'm sure it will get better in a few weeks.

I'm finally getting back into exercising. It sucks lol. Two of the last four days I have hit the gym and swam laps for exercise. Its a rough start, but I'm sure it will get better in a few weeks.

Any start is a good start - and believe me you are doing better than I ever could!

I got out of the habit of walking the dog every day during the hot weather. Some mornings it was far too hot for him even at first light, and of course the Sunday greyhound walks were all cancelled. We are getting back into the swing as far as greyhound walks are concerned, but both of us are knackered on Mondays and don't go out at all. Other days he just gets about 3/4 hour walking round the field a couple of hundred yards away from my house, but sometimes we get the bus down to one of the local parks (it's just a little too far to walk there and back as well).

I took advantage of some late autumn afternoon warmth and did a quick 25km bike ride yesterday. Only the fourth time I've been on the bike since crashing early September. My legs are stiff this morning but I'm not surprised.

@Lullabelle … are you still running in the evenings? how will you cope when we lose an hour this weekend? can you run in the dark?

I took advantage of some late autumn afternoon warmth and did a quick 25km bike ride yesterday. Only the fourth time I've been on the bike since crashing early September. My legs are stiff this morning but I'm not surprised.

@Lullabelle … are you still running in the evenings? how will you cope when we lose an hour this weekend? can you run in the dark?

This is only our 2nd week back from a 3 week holiday so haven't thought about running to be honest. Running in the dark isn't too bad, there are plenty of safe places to run I just need to get my backside into gear.

I've just confirmed my entry in Cycle Chat's Half Metric Century per Month 2019 Challenge by cycling 61.5km today.

I'm quite pleased with that distance for mid-January.

All last week, 5 days I walked to and from work, just over 20 minutes each way, same the 3 days the week before. Will continue with the walking.

I got out of the habit of walking the dog every day during the hot weather. Some mornings it was far too hot for him even at first light, and of course the Sunday greyhound walks were all cancelled. We are getting back into the swing as far as greyhound walks are concerned, but both of us are knackered on Mondays and don't go out at all. Other days he just gets about 3/4 hour walking round the field a couple of hundred yards away from my house, but sometimes we get the bus down to one of the local parks (it's just a little too far to walk there and back as well).

My daughter said something that made me think the other day, she said it's cruel walking dogs in the heat. Their paws get burnt. I never thought of that before.
Ps, our friends have 2 rehomed dogs. They rule their lives,lol. John sits on the floor with them when they feed them, so the greedy one doesn't pinch the others. They were their racing dogs.

Russ

I never thought of that before.

Doggy socks...

15a0ac4df4c12ce7b55dcaaeb8cba966.jpg

On walking I get it daily, I sometimes have to park 200 metres away from person I'm seeing so walking is a must. Plus up and down stairs at home maybe 10 to 15 times a day. Might have to do more as pants a bit tight after Xmas,lol.

Russ

My daughter said something that made me think the other day, she said it's cruel walking dogs in the heat. Their paws get burnt. I never thought of that before.
Ps, our friends have 2 rehomed dogs. They rule their lives,lol. John sits on the floor with them when they feed them, so the greedy one doesn't pinch the others. They were their racing dogs.

Russ

Last year my colleague complained about her puppy, he didn't want to go out for walks, I pointed out that we were going through a heatwave and the pavements were really hot and were probably burning his tender puppy paws. Her reply was 'oh yeah, I read something about that on facebook' personally I just thought it was common sense, I know dogs paws are different to our feet but they still feel cold and heat.

Back
Top Bottom