How Much Fruit Do You Eat daily?

We are fruit eaters in the house. Yesterday I bought 2 kilos of lanzones and 1 kilo of mangosteen plus a kilo of duku (a fruit from Thailand) from the market. Some other days when we go to the supermarket, there are lots of imported fruits but I normally buy the seedless grapes that I bring to the office. I also love watermelon that is sliced and packed in styrofoam, ready to eat after unpacking. The fruits serve as my regular snack to keep away the extra poundage.

We always have a basket of fresh fruits on the table most of them are the citrus ones. My parents are limiting their intake because of the sugar content of each fruit. I am not forcing myself either. Maybe one fruit a day is all I consume.

I try and eat fruits as much as possible. I have it for snacks or dessert but I also put fruits in my salad. Tomatoes, pineapples, pomelo and the berry family is good on salads as well the mango. I have a lot of fruits at home when it's in season, I buy them by the bucket load my family really loves fruits especially mangoes.

It probably helps that I'm vegetarian, but I eat fruit every day. I always have a glass of pure fruit juice first thing and then have a few bits of fruit after meals and usually one or two in the evening.

I eat at least one or two pieces of fruit every day. I would eat more but fresh fruit is usually a bit on the expensive side. That reminds me, I was going to have fried apples as part of my dinner tonight. They are a great Fall dish and something that can be stored in a can. It is one of the things that I can use and place in my diet.

Last edited:
I love fruit, but being diabetic, I have to be careful how much I eat due to the natural sugar content. I do like fresh peaches on my occasional bowl of cherrios in the morning! I love avocados and eat several every week along with tomatoes. I do eat a lot of vegies (the ones without a lot of carbohydrates) and love salads.

I totally agree. My uncle is 90 and doing great, lives on his own and is sharp as a tack. When we asked his secret to longevity he said to eat fruit every morning. He starts his day with fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. I love fruits that are in season so when it's strawberry season I'll buy it. But I refuse to buy strawberries in the winter. I love melons, canteloupe, honey dew, watermelon. Apples and pears rank a close second along with berries.The best way for my kids to eat fruit is by making smoothies.

I do eat fruit on a daily basis but in moderation only. The fruits that I am eating everyday are apple, banana and kiwi. We always had these fruits everyday at home. Other kind of fruits we eat them when they are in season.

I love fruit, however, I am not very good at remembering to eat it through out my day. I probably eat one piece of fruit a day. My fridge is always filled with fruit, my twin girls love fruit also, and eat more than the daily suggested amount. This time of year it is hard to find good fruit so I usually turn to frozen fruit and make smoothies with them, which I guess is better for me because I get the suggested intake amount daily.

It depends if you count juice. I drink juice every morning, other than that I probably eat one or two pieces of fruit per day. I always have it as a snack in the evening. I tend to eat more in the warm weather months. I forgot I already answered this thread...I do enjoy fruit though.

A couple of months back I said that I have at least two serves a day - now that we're in winter I feel like my fruit intake has gone waaaaay downhill. I think it's so much easier for me to consume fruit in the warmer months, but I crave it much less in the winter. I know I should be eating it...but I just don't feel like it! :(

Back
Top Bottom