How much water do you drink?

I used to drink water as a school kid, we had water fountains all around the school. I don't really drink water as water, but I drink a lot of fluids that have water in. Our fridge has an ice maker and filtered water. I have a lot of ice in my drinks so I also get water that way. My wife and our grandkids all drink from the fridge door.

Russ

Does beer and wine count?
Actually it does, but you do still need some water to counter the dehydrating effect of alcohol .

It's one of the big misconceptions and mis-selling of this 2L a day business. It was sold to us as water ,it's actually fluid, but if you drink only coffee or tea or the likes, anything with a dehydrating effect, you need to add in a little extra fluid to take it into account. That was considered to hard a concept to sell to the population ,so they just went with water because it's "free" and doesn't dehydrate.

Actually it does, but you do still need some water to counter the dehydrating effect of alcohol .

It's one of the big misconceptions and mis-selling of this 2L a day business. It was sold to us as water ,it's actually fluid, but if you drink only coffee or tea or the likes, anything with a dehydrating effect, you need to add in a little extra fluid to take it into account. That was considered to hard a concept to sell to the population ,so they just went with water because it's "free" and doesn't dehydrate.

thumbs-up.gif

I use to drink two 2 liters a day or more of Mt Dew or Pepsi. This was awhile back when I was younger. I quit drinking pop cus I started getting these weird headaches. It was never like that before me I dont want to even think about what was going on when this happened but its like someone was putting something in the pepsi plant or Im just getting older and cant handle caffine. Over the years I tried to drink other stuff like Gatorade, Powerade, Vitamin Water and I cant drink that stuff either. Its like its not real water and theres actualy caffine in it cus I was getting these weird headaches. I figure maybe it was caffine it could be the sugar too. The best stuff to drink was Tang and I dont want to say what happens when you drink that everyday too. If you drink Tang everyday drink nothing but cranberry juice an entire day out of a month just to be safe. Tea at the store is just as bad as drinking pop and I was making my own tea.

I drink alot of water a day. Drinking water is healthy especially if you work out. I recommend drinking water over other stuff like juice and tea.

My colleague is going into hospital on Thursday to have a kidney stone removed, she had a stent fitted a few weeks ago but the stone is jammed and won't move. This has started many conversations regarding drinking water, she doesn't because it makes her gag but she drinks sugary fizzy stuff, she and another colleague don't drink anything with their meal which is something I find a bit odd but there you go.

don't drink anything with their meal
Unless it's a soup or casserole (or similar) I actually can't eat without a drink available because food often gets stuck in my throat. And even with soups and casseroles, if I have bread or dumplings with it then I need a drink with it as well. So drinks are mandatory with every meal and snack. Everywhere we go ,I always have to have my insulated Camelbak bike water bottle with me (though it is showing its age and wear and tear now and it's rather like the family heirloom broom). Hubby on the other hand had to be 'encouraged' to have a drink at mealtimes.

Unless it's a soup or casserole (or similar) I actually can't eat without a drink available because food often gets stuck in my throat. And even with soups and casseroles, if I have bread or dumplings with it then I need a drink with it as well. So drinks are mandatory with every meal and snack. Everywhere we go ,I always have to have my insulated Camelbak bike water bottle with me (though it is showing its age and wear and tear now and it's rather like the family heirloom broom). Hubby on the other hand had to be 'encouraged' to have a drink at mealtimes.

I cannot eat any food without a drink of some kind, just makes things go down easier

........she and another colleague don't drink anything with their meal which is something I find a bit odd but there you go.

Depending upon the meal and the money in the coffers I like a little wine as an accompaniment. However, whatever the meal, there is always a beer to hand otherwise.

Four glasses, plus whatever's in the other stuff I consume.

I drink a lot (and I mean a lot) of tea. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom