How much water do you drink?

If I am not careful then I can get a flare up of 'gastric issues' so drinking a lot of water helps to keep things steady.

Water is my favorite. I drink at least 2 liters per day. I also like tea (iced or hot) and will have coffee every 3-4 months or so. I tend to stay away from milk, sodas and alcohol but will occasionally have them. Hands down, ice water is my favorite.

Half a Litre with breakfast coffee. Half a litre with lunch time smoothie. Two litres of iced water with dinner. It helps me keep my face as smooth and unlined as a baby's bum.

Because I have no colon, I absorb less fluids and lose them more quickly. So I drink 2.5 litres of water a day (1.5 is the normal recommendation) and on hot days plus at least two times a week I drink an isotonic drink to get some extra minerals and prevent dehydration.
I hit the target of 2.5 easily, after the surgery it took some getting used to drinking almost all day, but now I notice if I don't. With heatwaves I am also mindful of getting fluids through food, by eating soups, ice cream, watermelon, cucumber and custards.

I now have a daily habit of starting the day drinking a glass of water, not cold.
The tap water is also good for awakening the metabolism, helps the circulation, makes you lose weight, counteracts constipation and much more. It seems to be a Japanese tradition to drink water in the morning on an empty stomach. It has now become part of me too; sometimes I add a bit of turmeric with few drops of lemon and then I switch to coffee and to a more substantial breakfast - when I have time to make it. I am not a big water drinker generally, sometimes I forget to drink. I often carry a small bottle of water in my bag and try not to bring it home full or half full.
During winter I am not particularly inspired by drinking water, but I do it, at least a litre a day, I admit forcing myself a little.
In the summer the thirst is tangling, I can also drink almost two litres of it, but only for urgent necessity against the heat. And I eat foods that contain a lot of water, such as fruit or soups.

I drink a lot of liquid. Not just water but lemon cordial as well. My cordiaI is both very low calorie and virtually sugar free with no artificial sweetners. Currently I'm back on starting the day with 2 cups mugs of coffee. I don't need to but hubby does, so I join him. (That's it for caffeine though. I drink nothing else containing it). That's 2x 350 mI of liquid before breakfast has been eaten and by 8am another 500 ml has been added to it. And that doesn't include the bedside table water (250mI) that I will use to take my 6am & 8am medication assumming I've not drunk it and more during the night). So a minimum of 1.2 L before 8am! (I'm up to 500 ml today so far since midnight and its not 5am yet).

I've always drunk a lot of fluid and have usually drunk 2 liters by midday alone. But I can't eat without liquid (physically can't swallow dry foods) and this has became worse over the years. I have to have something (non-alcoholic) to drink with every meal (unless it is a stew/casserole or soup). I have tried cutting back on what I drink but ended up with urinary infections each time i've tried, so now just accept that I drink a lot and sweat even more.

Hubby jokes that I drink it, he pees it . ...One of the alternate names for our journal/blog when we were cycling around the world was "Scent marking our way around the world" in reference to his need to "scent mark" each and every tree we passed! He is forever going to the bathroom - with the regularity of someone who drinks +4 liters of liquid a day, I drink almost constantly but rarely need to pee! Apparently its not fair! (I will point out that I sweat a lot and I do mean a lot, I always have done, he is the exact opposite.) We were exceptionally glad that we never got as far as any dessert crossings (or is it cross deserts? I can never remember... )

None whatsoever.

To relate a story, a few of us were having a beer in our local on The Wirral and a friend asked the same question. I gave the same answer and he made up some story that there was water in beer. Next time I was at the bar, I mentioned what he had said to the landlord!
More importantly, beer has good food value but food has no beer value. Yup.

Too much of it can shut your electrolytes down & kill you!!!! :eek:
Not if you are taking said electrolytes, such as salt, to bind with it. Unfortunately, if you are not exercising whilst taking electrolytes and water, you can get a build up and imbalance. Therein lies the problem.

Back
Top Bottom