How often do you eat dessert?

Almost every day. My parents rarely ate dessert when I was a kid due to our macrobiotic/ health fanatic lifestyle and I was always envious of kids who did get dessert so I made a point of having one as an adult every day.
Though not always a fancy dessert. It's usually just some type of custard, a slice of cake or chocolate.

Update: haven't eaten dessert for nearly 6 months now, sometimes some ice cream in the weekends. Mostly because I am too tired to cook a dessert and a meal. If we have a pud, it's often something that can be eaten at any moment of the day like cake. I do still bake my own cakes.

We probably have desert a couple of times a week on average, but we usually have it a hour or two after dinner rather than straight after. Fairly often I'll bake a cake on a Friday which we'll then eat over the weekend, or in the summer I might make a pavlova or eton mess with the fruit from our allotment. We both really like ice cream so we sometimes buy that if its on offer, or just a bar of chocolate to share. If we're eating out then we rarely have deserts though...unless there's something that sounds particularly unusual or nice.

I'm rather excited at the moment.....I've just had a £250 voucher from work (long service award) and I've used it to buy an ice cream maker.....so I guess we'll be having a lot more ice cream in the near future :okay:

Back
Top Bottom