How often do you eat nuts?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:22 PM
Do you eat nuts regularly? I rarely eat nuts although I quite like them sometimes. They are rather expensive here and also calorific, if eaten in large amounts. But they are full of nutrients and are supposed to be a good addition to the diet - although possibly not so much, if embedded in cookies, cakes and chocolate bars!

How often do you eat nuts? Do you eat them on their own or add them to dishes?

I eat them nearly every day, just out of hand. I don’t particularly like nuts baked or cooked in anything, though.

My favorites are Brazil nuts, cashews, and peanuts. I don’t care all that much for almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts.

Most days if I can. Our snack container holds a jar of tamari roasted almonds. It's a 500g container in there and I guess they disappear every 3-4 weeks...

Cashew nuts feature heavily in our diet anyway. Almonds also, they are grown in Australia and most almonds bought in Australia are Aussie grown.

Sadly my favourite nut the hazelnut, isn't easily available if at all in Australia! I could easily live off them... and used to when we lived in an old house with a hazelnut coppice

Sadly my favourite nut the hazelnut, isn't easily available if at all in Australia! I could easily live off them... and used to when we lived in an old house with a hazelnut coppice
Hazelnuts are sort of like filler nuts in all the mixed nuts packages here.

Hazelnuts are sort of like filler nuts in all the mixed nuts packages here.
In the UK you can buy them in their own right, in set weight, shelled or unshelled and loose... in the autumn you can pick them from the hedge rows and eat them straight from the shell.... they also feature widely in the chopped nuts range with dried fruit. 250g chopped hazelnuts or whole hazelnuts is a normal packaged nut in the UK, not so on Australia. More a Christmas special, set weight in their shells type job! :cry:

I eat them nearly every day, just out of hand. I don’t particularly like nuts baked or cooked in anything, though.

My favorites are Brazil nuts, cashews, and peanuts. I don’t care all that much for almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts.
I eat them in my granola, just my favorites are exactly the ones you dislike and vice versa lol :laugh: I loathe walnuts too. I eat granola about 4 times a week. Sometimes I eat trail mix too.

Like you I dislike baked goods with nuts, baklava and stollen exempted.

Last edited:
I eat a lot of roasted peanuts, although they are not actually nuts. I love pistachios. I like honey roasted almonds.

I'll eat most "bar blend" mixed nuts.

I do not like hazelnuts or chestnuts.

CD

I loves cashews until 2006. I'm not allowed them now. Well....I won't tempt fate!!

Russ

Cashews are "in season" here apparently. Not cheap though at US$10.00/kg. My wife got some from the market last Thirstday.

I´ll eat any nut you give me, but over the past couple of years I´ve barely been able to eat any, due to dental issues!
I´m particularly fond of cashews and macadamia nuts.

I´ll eat any nut you give me, but over the past couple of years I´ve barely been able to eat any, due to dental issues!
I´m particularly fond of cashews and macadamia nuts.

Friends of ours returned from holiday in Hawaii last week and brought these for us.

My wife doesn't like them so they're all mine. It will take me another fortnight to eat them all.

Back
Top Bottom