Hydration & bread dough

I am curious, GadgetGuy, are you making a large amount of bread or a whole bunch of pizza dough? Just wondering what your plan is with all the dough!

I'm already a member there. Stuff seems more complicated or confusing there. :yuck:
That site is largely populated by professional pizza makers, so a lot of their discussions and questions don’t really apply to the home pizza maker. Some of it translates, of course, but you have to weed through a lot of industry chat to get to the good stuff.

I’m out and about right now, but I have a book at home that deals with dough hydration - I’ll flip through that when I get home and get settled and see if I can post something sensible later on.

I am curious, GadgetGuy, are you making a large amount of bread or a whole bunch of pizza dough? Just wondering what your plan is with all the dough!

The dough that I make is usually enough to fill a square pan or a 10" tube pan, as in the case of Kitchenaid pull-apart rolls or a larger batch of dough for Parkerhouse rolls. Also, I make enough dough for 2 small pizzas. I've made dough in the Nutrimill Artist, but not in either of the Globe mixers.I'm just trying to get a feel of how much to make in the Globe mixers, since the manual says no more than 4 lbs', or else the overload switch would kick in, shutting the machines down if the motors get overheated to the point where it would stop for a while, at least until it cools down. :whistling:

That site is largely populated by professional pizza makers, so a lot of their discussions and questions don’t really apply to the home pizza maker. Some of it translates, of course, but you have to weed through a lot of industry chat to get to the good stuff.

I’m out and about right now, but I have a book at home that deals with dough hydration - I’ll flip through that when I get home and get settled and see if I can post something sensible later on.
Thanks. I think I can use it. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom