I am tired

I am tired of: Not being able to travel or take real road trips. Not being able to see most friends. i live alone - the cats (well, now, the surviving cat) aren't great conversationalists. The only thing Serenity is saying now is, "I miss Obi." The chickens and quail aren't much better at it. The roosters just say, "I'm the MAN", while the hens announce their eggs or just get into kerfuffle conversation about nothing. The quail hens don't even do that much.

Phones and Zoom are sort of okay but not really.

I miss driving back down to Connecticut (2 hours away) and seeing people I know from there, and going to great sushi or ramen restaurants.

Awesome link...I am now putting in fun comparisons, like this one. I really didn't think things would be relatively close for this one:

Consumer Prices in Paris are 34.55% higher than in Detroit, MI
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Paris are 29.55% higher than in Detroit, MI
Rent Prices in Paris are 20.54% higher than in Detroit, MI
Restaurant Prices in Paris are 42.09% higher than in Detroit, MI
Groceries Prices in Paris are 31.44% higher than in Detroit, MI
Local Purchasing Power in Paris is 7.76% lower than in Detroit, MI

As for Game of Thrones...last year, when I visited Germany and Greece, I assumed that everyone would be a massive fan. I mean this was the Biggest Show In The World, and the series finale was coming up. I heard how hugely popular it was in Europe, so I figured I would found fellow fans (yes...I watched every episode). As we're seeing here, there are quite a few people who didn't get pulled in. After asking a few people randomly, and wrongly assuming that "NO" would be the exception, I stopped asking.

Back
Top Bottom