I started making my Xmas cakes yesterday. Anyone started their holiday prep?

Might have.

⛔⛔⛔ Warning this post contains the 'C' word ⛔⛔⛔

On my way back from a couple of days working in Manchester I dropped into The Cheshire Smokehouse to get the Christmas treats. Beef cheeks as the main for the day itself, a smoked duck breast that goes brilliantly with a Caesar salad, smoked salmon trimmings that make an excellent mouse and marry with scrambled eggs and chorizo for the best breakfast. Plenty of Stornoway black pudding which is the finest, and some black smoked bacon which I love. All now in the freezer ready for the festive season.

Home - Cheshire Smokehouse

I'm actually a bit late, I wanted to start at the beginning of October, but I got the first cakes into their tins and all my egg nog/Advocate done.

Have you started your holiday prep and what are you planning?
I have never made a traditional Christmas cake from my hometown, I think its time to start prepping and experimenting, so thank you for the reminder!

I've just bought white chocolate to make my holiday fudge Recipe - Slowcooker white chocolate & strawberry fudge because there was a good deal for it. But I am only making that in December.

I've also bought some British christmas import products, because they always fly off the shelves at the expat store. I have some luxury shortbread and chocolate selection boxes.

wp-1636809316394.jpg
some ginger bread cookies, I'm still thinking about how they should be decorated

Just in my head right now, though I've been checking Christmas lights, not that we're going to eat them. :laugh:
Well, we went Christmas shopping yesterday😂😂 And yes, coming soon..more Christmas bake goodies is coming….. and the Christmas cookies jar always finish before Christmas arrives 🤣🤣🤣Unless we buy the passcode cookies jar 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom