I want to make bread!

Shermie

Guru
Local time
1:51 AM
A bread machine is a nice thing to have, but I think that if you really want to get 'down & dirty', as they say, I think that a good heavy solid mixer will give you lots of raw power to plow through the dough. Especially if it is a commercial one!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Local time
6:51 AM
I used to knead my bread dough in my stand mixer but whether it was kneaded for a short or long time I was never totally satisfied with the texture of the final loaf. I now only do it by hand, it doesn't take long (10 mins tops) and the texture of the end product is so much better.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
1:51 AM
I used to knead my bread dough in my stand mixer but whether it was kneaded for a short or long time I was never totally satisfied with the texture of the final loaf. I now only do it by hand, it doesn't take long (10 mins tops) and the texture of the end product is so much better.
I'm about 50/50 on kneading by hand versus with my stand mixer. It takes the same amount of time, generally, so it usually comes down to what else I'm doing at the moment.

I like kneading by hand...borderline love it. I love feeling it go from a wettish mess to a smooth slightly tacky ball.

Top Bottom