I want to make bread!

A bread machine is a nice thing to have, but I think that if you really want to get 'down & dirty', as they say, I think that a good heavy solid mixer will give you lots of raw power to plow through the dough. Especially if it is a commercial one!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I used to knead my bread dough in my stand mixer but whether it was kneaded for a short or long time I was never totally satisfied with the texture of the final loaf. I now only do it by hand, it doesn't take long (10 mins tops) and the texture of the end product is so much better.

I used to knead my bread dough in my stand mixer but whether it was kneaded for a short or long time I was never totally satisfied with the texture of the final loaf. I now only do it by hand, it doesn't take long (10 mins tops) and the texture of the end product is so much better.
I'm about 50/50 on kneading by hand versus with my stand mixer. It takes the same amount of time, generally, so it usually comes down to what else I'm doing at the moment.

I like kneading by hand...borderline love it. I love feeling it go from a wettish mess to a smooth slightly tacky ball.

Back
Top Bottom