I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...what on earth is an orange roughy?

It is a fish that was quite popular in the US for a while. I haven't seen it on menus lately.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.52.41 PM.jpg

CD

Abalone
Alaskan king crab
Anchovies, canned in water
Arctic char
Bluefish
Branzino
Butterfish
Carp
Catfish
Caviar
Clams
Cod
Crabmeat, lump
Crayfish
Cuttlefish
Eel
Fish roe
Flounder
Grouper
Haddock
Halibut
Herring
Lobster
Mahi-mahi
Monkfish
Mussels
Octopus
Orange roughy
Oysters
Perch
Pike
Pollock
Pompano
Salmon
Sardines, canned in water or sauce
Sashimi
Scallops
Sea bass
Sea cucumber
Sea urchin
Shrimp
Smelt
Smoked fish (haddock, salmon, sturgeon, trout, and whitefish)
Snails
Snapper
Sole
Squid
Steelhead trout
Striped bass
Sturgeon
Swordfish
Tilapia
Trout
Tuna
Tuna, canned in water
Turbot
Wahoo
Whitefish

I take it there won't be any of these in your diet -- except for cod, deep fried and greasy, from LJS.

I like most of those, but there are a few on that list I'll take a pass on.

CD

Apples
Applesauce, unsweetened
Apricots, fresh
Bananas
Blackberries
Blueberries
Cantaloupes
Cherries
Clementines
Cranberries, fresh
Dragon fruit
Figs, fresh
Frozen mixed berries, unsweetened
Fruit, canned in water with or without artificial sweeteners
Fruit cocktail, unsweetened
Fruit salad, unsweetened
Grapefruit
Grapes
Guavas
Honeydew melons
Jackfruit
Kiwis
Kumquats
Lemons
Limes
Mangoes
Meyer lemons
Nectarines
Oranges
Papayas
Peaches
Pears
Persimmons
Pineapples
Plums
Pomegranates
Pomelos
Raspberries
Star fruit
Strawberries
Tangerines
Watermelons

What, no Durian? :(

CD

Blimey! I could seriously eat these foods and only these foods with no problem at all. Want me to suggest some dishes?
Sure! It’ll be interesting to see if you use things I can’t easily get or just won’t eat, for whatever reason.

I take it there won't be any of these in your diet -- except for cod, deep fried and greasy, from LJS.

I like most of those, but there are a few on that list I'll take a pass on.

CD
Roger that!

I just checked WW. My normal order at LJS (fish filet, chicken plank, hush puppies, fries, and coleslaw), comes in at 34 points.

To put that in perspective, MrsT is currently allowed 23 points per day. Before the changeover, she was allowed just 19 points.

Durian is the perfect diet food. One sniff, and you lose your appetite.

CD
I disagree being of Indonesian heritage. For me it smells like Indonesia, as it's the first thing you smell at every Indonesian market. I understand it might be disgusting to some, as the smell is quite prominent. But I'm used to it.

I disagree being of Indonesian heritage. For me it smells like Indonesia, as it's the first thing you smell at every Indonesian market. I understand it might be disgusting to some, as the smell is quite prominent. But I'm used to it.
It’s funny, my wife is from a farming area, so she loves the smell of cow 💩. Reminds her of home.

When we’re out driving with a group and we drive by a farm, everyone else says, “Ewwwww!” but you’ll hear her taking in a big breath through her nose! :laugh:

If Indonesia smells like durian, I don't want to go there. :eek:

CD

Now at -25 kilo/-55 lbs , with another 2 kilo/4 lbs I'll have reached my original goal of getting back to 100 kg. I guess I can keep going from there to my absolute goal weight of 85 kilo.

But to be fair I don't know at this point whether I am losing weight due to calorie counting or illness..

Forgot to post - MrsT, while visiting her friend in Florida, gained 0.2 pounds, which is good, considering she’s eating out nearly every meal and drinking nearly every day.

Since I last posted, I went from 174.6 to 177 to 173.8 pounds over the last few weeks.

Forgot to post - MrsT, while visiting her friend in Florida, gained 0.2 pounds, which is good, considering she’s eating out nearly every meal and drinking nearly every day.

Since I last posted, I went from 174.6 to 177 to 173.8 pounds over the last few weeks.
I wouldn't consider that a gain to be fair, is probably just some water retention from drinking more. So she did well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom