I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if it’ll be a worldwide change or just US, but reading the comments on their forum, people are saying it’s essentially the Blue program from the old Blue/Green/Purple days a couple of years ago.

She has until Dec 11th to voluntarily switch over - after that, it’s mandated.
I was on purple back then, blue never worked for me. Meh. WW here has no announcements so I hope this won't happen. It would render the program useless for me.

I was on purple back then, blue never worked for me. Meh. WW here has no announcements so I hope this won't happen. It would render the program useless for me.
I told MrsT to just put up with it for a year, because judging from their past record, it’ll change again soon enough. :laugh:

I have no choice due to my contract, I paid for a year. But I am continuing with my current RD if they switch. Because I know it doesn't work from experience.
That’s what a lot of people are doing - they’re tracking previously-zero point foods as corn, which is a current zero point food.

That’s what a lot of people are doing - they’re tracking previously-zero point foods as corn, which is a current zero point food.
I'm not sure what you're responding to out of my post?

The zero points were exactly what was working for me, tracking them is exactly what doesn't work for me. The blue program used to be a low carb high protein diet, the purple a high carb low fat diet. The latter works for me, the former not. My zeropoints now are healthy carbs, I don't want to track those at all as there's no need as I've already lost weight fine this way.
Tracking carbs/the way my eating disorder works = nono. But it's fine, I've got an RD for help instead.
I just hope Europe doesn't implement this new system, for now they seem not to.

I lost 4 lbs of what I gained back after hospital so I'm at -21 kg still. Seeing my RD today.
Honestly it's been hard to focus on good nutrition alone, knowing I might have surgery in the near future makes me concerned about gaining weight because surgeons always want me to lose weight. I'll discuss that with her and see what I can do to balance counteracting malnourishment while not gaining weight.

Weighed myself for the RD, am at 105 kg now so - 22 kg / 48 lbs. I'll get to 50 lbs soon.

The RD agreed with me that staying stable is the best I can do right now, and she said it is possible to recover this way. I just need to pay attention to eating more protein.

I mentioned WW have revamped/regressed their system here to (more or less) the previous “Blue” program, but they were giving members until 11 Dec to transition over.

Well, MrsT was holding out as long as possible, but accidentally hit the “Flip me over now” button, so now she’s on the new program. No more eating her weight in potatoes and still coming in under her daily points. :laugh:

I did make her a filling breakfast this morning, and it cost her just one point: unbuttered piece of toast, some fried mushrooms, and a fried egg - egg and mushrooms are no points, so it was just the one slice of low-calorie bread.

They did up her daily points from 19 to 23, to compensate for taking away her zero-point potatoes, so she’s planning on having two half-drinks today.

I mentioned WW have revamped/regressed their system here to (more or less) the previous “Blue” program, but they were giving members until 11 Dec to transition over.

Well, MrsT was holding out as long as possible, but accidentally hit the “Flip me over now” button, so now she’s on the new program. No more eating her weight in potatoes and still coming in under her daily points. :laugh:

I did make her a filling breakfast this morning, and it cost her just one point: unbuttered piece of toast, some fried mushrooms, and a fried egg - egg and mushrooms are no points, so it was just the one slice of low-calorie bread.

They did up her daily points from 19 to 23, to compensate for taking away her zero-point potatoes, so she’s planning on having two half-drinks today.
I'm sorry for MrsTasty, it's not nice to have to change a winning team.
Here are no signs of changes so far. But I will keep doing this anyway.

The WW program change has come here too. The zero's don't work with my dietary requirements due to the ileostomy. Corn is free but I can't eat it frequently and only in tiny amounts ( popcorn is an instant ileus/bowel blockage) , and all carbs cost far too much for the 1 extra point I have.

I called the customer service, and because of my medical condition my one year contract has been cancelled per 30-11. I will keep doing what I did and seeing the RD. It's unfortunate because WW did help me, but it's current form is no longer suitable. I do have to say, this has been most courteous from WW and I am pleased with the service as a whole.

Last edited:

What are her 'zero' foods apart from eggs and mushrooms?

What are her 'zero' foods apart from eggs and mushrooms?
The zeros are now the same for everyone, which is why I can't participate anymore.

They are now: corn, non starchy veg, fruits, eggs,beans, tofu & tempeh, fish, white meat and low fat dairy.

The carbs are removed as a whole, even whole grains. And due to the ileostomy, carbs make up 50% of my diet. One portion of potatoes is now 4 points, where it was 0 for me. But I only got one point more to spend daily. And oatmeal was also 0 and is now 3, wholegrain pasta 4 etc. It's not feasible for me.

Last edited:
They are now: corn, non starchy veg, fruits, eggs,beans, tofu & tempeh, fish, white meat and low fat dairy.

Non starchy veg? I wonder what counts. I'd be OK with this but I'd really miss the starchy veg and don't like corn very much.

The carbs are removed as a whole, even whole grains. And due to the ileostomy, carbs make up 50% of my diet. One portion of potatoes is now 4 points, where it was 0 for me. But I only got one point more to spend daily. And oatmeal was also 0 and is now 3, wholegrain pasta 4 etc. It's not feasible for me.

That is a shame. Can you not do white meat, tofu, tempeh though? I presume white meat is chicken?

I'm giving this IF thing a try. I'm on day three. The morning hunger pains are already getting more manageable. I'm doing a 16/8 ratio. I'll eat between the hours of 11 am and 7 pm. However, we usually eat dinner at 6/630 and I rarely snack anyways. I get to eat lunch in 30 minutes. I'm not famished by any means. I'm a morning eater. I thought the adjustment would be brutal. I guess, mind over matter right?

My goal is to only eat two meals in that 8 hours (two standard meals that I normally eat), and a healthy snack in between if needed. I brought boiled eggs for a snack today in case I need it.

Of course I need to curtail my worse vice...........the delicious nectar of the gods lol (bourbon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom