I'm Watching What I Eat (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently trying a 1,200 calorie day.
Nearly 10% of that will be in drinks despite me actually preferring the diet lemon cordial to the regular one, and ½L if a lower calorie coconut water. With it being 31°C on and off since 10am, only just dropping to 26°C now at nearly 7pm. I'm drinking almost twice my normal amount, so around 4L a day. I sweat more than most always have done.

Today I'm over by 200 calories. That's a wide margin to be over by, so guesswork isn't going to work for me with me being on steroids.

If you end up on prednisolone long term, you'll soon find out why. I'm on hydrocortisone twice daily (it's meant to be 3 times daily but I prefer twice which my endocrinologist has agreed to, the daily total is still the same though). It makes weight loss much harder as does getting older, chronic pain and so on. You know the score.

I'll just mark the first few days down to could do better and be to increase exercise. That won't happen tomorrow, I have to be out of the house before 8:30am and right now, 7am is about the only time it is cool enough to exercise in a home without air-conditioning. Summer has apparently arrived and straight into heatwave and now low humidity, so increased bush fire risk.
Didn't know you were on prednisone! That makes what you did immensely impressive!

You don't have to tell me about it, because I have been on it for 3 years from 27 to 30 years old. Before that I was never obese, it's what catapulted me there combined with my eating disorder. It's taken me 5 years to get half the prednisone weight off, which is where I am now.

You're amazing for accomplishing this ! I know I wouldn't be able to if prednisone was still affecting me. Well done!:hug:

( I am at 1750 calorie a day, so quite a lot more too)

MrsT is down 1.2 pounds this week - slowing down, but still going in the right direction.

Tonight, we’re going out for burgers somewhere - she’s decided Wednesday nights will be her splurge night from now on, since she’ll have a whole week to recover before her next weigh-in. :laugh:

Well here's an interesting thing. After getting back from hospital I'm not drinking alcohol until evening . This may sound insane to those of you who don't drink often, but my normal pattern was a drip feed alcohol all day from 9 am and on top of that a poor diet in an attempt to compensate for cals spent on alcohol. I've cut my alcohol intake in half and lost weight in hospital (obviously due to the food being really bad and I was so sick post anaesthetic etc.).

Now I'm drinking coffee as well as tea in the day (barely touched coffee before) with a few plain biscuits as a snack. And I'm eating lots of fresh fruit and a proper lunch and dinner. I still don't eat breakfast but I never have. I can't exactly say I'm feeling better as I'm in recovery from a nasty operation but I'm determined not to revert back to old habits.

I decided that this morning was a good morning to weigh in. I started the weight loss on earnest on Monday, so 6 days in and 0.6kg lost.

I'm still working on trying to be more active within what my hip (to be replaced soon) and the heat will allow, but I'm happy with that progress. Hopefully I can keep it going.

I gained five pounds at my sister's house, because we ate out way too much. As of this morning, I've lost six pounds, so I'm back to a good weight for my height -- 174 pounds and 5'11" tall.

I still need more exercise, because I'm out of shape, but at least my weight is okay.

CD

Yesterday’s weigh-in…no loss, no gain. MrsT is taking solace in the fact that it was a week that included pizza, biscuits and gravy, afternoon tea, and more alcohol than she’s had in a week in a while.

I seem to be plateauing, the weight doesn't go up or down. Which makes sense given what I lost last year.
So from today I've lowered my calories from 1750 to 1450 to see if that will pull me under 100 kg. And I strictly eat two meals a day and not after 16.00 every day. ( unless at a party or restaurant occasion).

I do really plan to go down another 25 kg / 50 lbs. Can't afford my weight with my mobility issues.

Wow, I didn't realize what a difference there is between my face in 2021 and now.
FB_IMG_1674653254463.jpg

FB_IMG_1674653525930.jpg

This Christmas.

Plus my waist in november, is different from the pic above. Though work in progress. Lost about 7 kgs / 14 lbs since.
1668443774722.jpg

Going for a full body shot soon but am searching for a good mirror.

MrsT, after getting back to her healthier habits, is back on track - she lost 2.8lbs this week.

That means… 🎉…she’s officially reached her WW goal. She’s lost a total of 58.6lbs/26.6kg/4.2 stone. Her initial goal was to lose 58lbs.

She can now either chose to go into “maintenance mode,” and as long as she stays within something like two pounds either side of her current weight, she can continue to use the service for free (which is something like $20US/month, so that ain’t nuthin’), or she can define a new goal and keep on losing (and paying).

She’s stated that she intends to lose another 25lbs.

I, OTOH, have climbed again and am over 180lbs for the first time in months and months (181, to be exact), so no more Harrod’s chocolate-covered almonds for me, or raspberry sandwich cookies, etc. - and I have to get back into walking again. The Christmas Valentine’s tree is in my way.

MrsT, after getting back to her healthier habits, is back on track - she lost 2.8lbs this week.

That means… 🎉…she’s officially reached her WW goal. She’s lost a total of 58.6lbs/26.6kg/4.2 stone. Her initial goal was to lose 58lbs.

She can now either chose to go into “maintenance mode,” and as long as she stays within something like two pounds either side of her current weight, she can continue to use the service for free (which is something like $20US/month, so that ain’t nuthin’), or she can define a new goal and keep on losing (and paying).

She’s stated that she intends to lose another 25lbs.

This is great news. She must be feeling really good - and so should you as you cook all her meals.
I, OTOH, have climbed again and am over 180lbs for the first time in months and months (181, to be exact), so no more Harrod’s chocolate-covered almonds for me, or raspberry sandwich cookies, etc. - and I have to get back into walking again. The Christmas Valentine’s tree is in my way.

I expect you will get back on track. Just eat along with Mrs T and you will lose weight!

As for me I'm struggling to eat at all. I get half way through something and can't finish it. Its been the same since I had the general anaesthetic for the leg operation 3 and a half weeks ago. This is not like me at all! I have to eat little bits as often as I can. I have probably lost some weight but not ridiculously so. The worst thing is that I don't get excited about food at all...

This is great news. She must be feeling really good - and so should you as you cook all her meals.
Thanks. She does tell everyone that there’s no way she could have done this on her own, which is nice to hear.

I expect you will get back on track. Just eat along with Mrs T and you will lose weight!
The problem is that I’m eating along with her…and then treating myself to hot-n-spicy toffee peanuts as a treat for eating along with her. :wink:

With your appetite, I do remember my dad not feeling like eating after his heart surgery years ago. The anesthesia messes with his sense of taste and his appetite. Maybe you have a little of that going on. I hope it improves.

Bleh, platauing is so demovitating. BUT I stuck with it for a month, and saw my first 800 gram (200 from a kilo) / 1 lb difference today after sticking to lower calories for a week.
For the whole month the number was consistently the same and I kept going , so I am going to plow through until the scale budges again. I'm now a 1000 under my TDEE so I should really lose weight.

With your appetite, I do remember my dad not feeling like eating after his heart surgery years ago. The anesthesia messes with his sense of taste and his appetite. Maybe you have a little of that going on. I hope it improves.

I really think that is so. One minute I fancy eating something and the next minute it seems a struggle. I'm eating things like hummus which I don't normally eat very often. I suppose I'm needing the calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom