I'm Watching What I Eat (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigh in again this morning...

Despite feeling like we always pig out at the weekends, I'm back down another 1.2kg this week, so that's 3.3kg (7.3 lb) off in 4 weeks exactly.

Another 3kg will see me back to where I was before hubby's operation last winter (May 2022).

It was a weekly weigh in this morning and after 2 weeks of no weight loss, I'm back to the "too much in a week" routine but I've always done that.

So I've lost exactly 4kg (8.8lb) since 9th January when I started. Happy with that. Another month before my operation so hopefully I'll get back down to the weight I was before hubby's operation last May.

I just saw the scale dip to 215 lbs (98 kg) . I feel like I'm maintaining, but apparently I've been losing this month.

I'm 215 at 5.7 , or 98 kg at 1.73 . I haven't been this low in 15 years. Guess I'm edging ever closer to going back to 2 digits in kilograms!
Stood on the scales again today because I could scarcely believe myself, and it's still on 98 kg. I've not been this low for 10 years it's unreal but it does make me very happy!

So I've lost exactly 4kg (8.8lb) since 9th January when I started. Happy with that. Another month before my operation so hopefully I'll get back down to the weight I was before hubby's operation last May.

Another Monday, and another weigh in. And despite being out all day on Saturday with someone else "catering' for me (least said about that the better), I've lost another 0.8kg, so a total of 4.8kg since 9th January (10.5lbs).

Can't believe how I look, here are some progress pics.
20230307_163819.jpg

20230307_163611.jpg

I wouldn't have dared post a pic of my side for the past 7 years! It's my ' bad ' side too because I have a frontal hernia because of the ileostomy ( a rupture of the abdominal muscles) which cause it to bulge a little on my right side. But I feel confident enough now because I have no more skin folds. I don't see this when I look in the mirror, but the pics are proof!

Can't believe how I look, here are some progress pics.
View attachment 96964
View attachment 96963
I wouldn't have dared post a pic of my side for the past 7 years! It's my ' bad ' side too because I have a frontal hernia because of the ileostomy ( a rupture of the abdominal muscles) which cause it to bulge a little on my right side. But I feel confident enough now because I have no more skin folds. I don't see this when I look in the mirror, but the pics are proof!
That's great!

That's great!
I have real mental issues sometimes with the bulge, because it looks like I wear a pouch stuck on my belly sometimes. Normally it would be treated by surgery at this stage, but because of my clotting disorder every surgery is potentially life threatening and thus a 'cosmetic' surgery just to improve the bulging would be foolish. And even when treated a hernia in your abdomen always has a 80% chance of returning so it's just not worth it.
It does make me feel awkward at times though, when people ask if I am pregnant or I see them staring at my weird shaped belly which is twice as fat looking on the right side. And a corset is no option due to the stoma bag, sigh.

I have real mental issues sometimes with the bulge, because it looks like I wear a pouch stuck on my belly sometimes. Normally it would be treated by surgery at this stage, but because of my clotting disorder every surgery is potentially life threatening and thus a 'cosmetic' surgery just to improve the bulging would be foolish. And even when treated a hernia in your abdomen always has a 80% chance of returning so it's just not worth it.
It does make me feel awkward at times though, when people ask if I am pregnant or I see them staring at my weird shaped belly which is twice as fat looking on the right side. And a corset is no option due to the stoma bag, sigh.
I have had up and down with my weight long enough that I can relate to being self-conscious about the midriff area. I tend to wear very loose, flowy tops because of it. I remember the days in my teens and 20s when I could really rock a bikini! Those days are long gone...

I have had up and down with my weight long enough that I can relate to being self-conscious about the midriff area. I tend to wear very loose, flowy tops because of it. I remember the days in my teens and 20s when I could really rock a bikini! Those days are long gone...
Yeah me too when I go out I always wear something that hangs over the bag area, but then it still sometimes looks wonky depending on the amount of pressure on the bulge. The longer I stand or walk, the more pressure builds up you see. It's basically a tiny rip in the abdominal muscles, so your organs start to sink towards the pressure point and create the bulge.
Dressing like in these pictures is something I only do at home because of this.

I think you look great! Even better is seeing the your self-confidence on display!
Thanks buddy :hug: I do feel a lot better about myself. It also helps that I have already kept my weight under 105 since oktober last year, it will soon be 6 months and that gives me hope that this time I did get the hang of it and will keep it off.
My biggest worry was that doctors wouldn't want to treat me (which I have had happen because of my weight) but now I've lost so much they are all much quicker to take me seriously and that's a real relief too.

now I've lost so much they are all much quicker to take me seriously and that's a real relief too.
I fully understand this. It was the same for me. When i discharged myself from rehab 4½ years ago I was the heaviest I had ever been and I couldn't get medical professionals to take me seriously (with the odd exception here and there). When I started to lose weight, their attitudes especially to the chronic pain completely changed. I've lost 24½kg since then (from my last known maxiumum weight - I refused to be weighed after a certain point). I'm down to 62½kg now and even when I was in the 70s kg range the change in people's attitudes has not ceased to amaze me.
I know I'm still carrying a lot more fat that I used to at this weight though because I'm still at least 2 sizes bigger than I was. I carry the weight around my internal organs (like a man). I've no natural padding on my backside, so I spend my life pulling clothing up! I still need to drop about 7kg to get the dangerous fat off my internal organs. I'll get there eventually. For now my aim is 60kg, so another 2½kg before my operation at the end of the month.

It was great at the weekend though when hubby turned around and put a whole load of my clothes into recycling (I've had to flea bomb the house and wash absolutely everything due to some insect issues relating to the previous tenant and a very wet winter & spring. I've been cleaning, he's been on sorting and putting away.) He found a T-shirt that was 3XL in size and decided I didn't need it anymore! I'm right at the border of Medium to Small at the moment!

I fully understand this. It was the same for me. When i discharged myself from rehab 4½ years ago I was the heaviest I had ever been and I couldn't get medical professionals to take me seriously (with the odd exception here and there). When I started to lose weight, their attitudes especially to the chronic pain completely changed. I've lost 24½kg since then (from my last known maxiumum weight - I refused to be weighed after a certain point). I'm down to 62½kg now and even when I was in the 70s kg range the change in people's attitudes has not ceased to amaze me.
I know I'm still carrying a lot more fat that I used to at this weight though because I'm still at least 2 sizes bigger than I was. I carry the weight around my internal organs (like a man). I've no natural padding on my backside, so I spend my life pulling clothing up! I still need to drop about 7kg to get the dangerous fat off my internal organs. I'll get there eventually. For now my aim is 60kg, so another 2½kg before my operation at the end of the month.

It was great at the weekend though when hubby turned around and put a whole load of my clothes into recycling (I've had to flea bomb the house and wash absolutely everything due to some insect issues relating to the previous tenant and a very wet winter & spring. I've been cleaning, he's been on sorting and putting away.) He found a T-shirt that was 3XL in size and decided I didn't need it anymore! I'm right at the border of Medium to Small at the moment!
Still sad that it is this way though, when you have an eating disorder it doesn't help when you get stigmatized especially by healthcare providers. It's been researched and fat shaming does nothing to improve anyone's lifestyle, yet it keeps happening even if they know it can trigger you because of a disorder.
I know however that this kind of thing is found all over the weight spectrum, once when I was in treatment I saw how anorexics were treated by their healthcare providers and it was the same kind of thing. A number on the scale can apparently be more important than what the patient themselves says they experience.

I'm glad for you SatNavSaysStraightOn that you are at this point, I am sure it makes recovery and interactions with doctors much easier! Congratulations :hug: I'm sorry to hear you have a lot of fat on your internal organs though, that doesn't sound great. I had a slightly fatty liver before but that's gone away now (meaning it's become healthy again) and I've never had other issues with fat on my organs. I have more fat in the lower regions and thighs.

In an ideal world I'll go down to 80-or even 75 kilograms but I don't dare think of that right now. Fingers crossed 🤞

Another Monday, and another weigh in. And despite being out all day on Saturday with someone else "catering' for me (least said about that the better), I've lost another 0.8kg, so a total of 4.8kg since 9th January (10.5lbs).
And again.
Down another 0.9kg to 61.7kg.

So 5.7kg lost since 9th January. So 12½lb lost.

I'm aiming for 60kg by my operation and then hopefully another 5kg over the course of the year (plus whatever I put back on in hospital! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom