I'm Watching What I Eat (2024)

Yeah, when you lose a lot of weight rapidly due to illness, it is easy to loose muscle mass. Some of those protein shakes they sell in bottles are good for supporting muscle health when you are not well.

CD
When I was in the hospital, they MADE me drink those horrid Ensure bottled drinks - disgusting, but if I didn't drink it AND eat at least half of the tray of food they'd bring in for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I couldn't go home - I was that bad off.
Once they did let me go and I had my follow-up with my PCP, she suggested Fairlife Chocolate 30g Protein Shakes - DELICIOUS!!! I have to keep my protein levels at a minimum of 60g to a max of 100g per day. Costco sells the yummy ones at a very fair (sorry for the pun) price. So Yorky not sure if you could find Fairlife, but I highly recommend it.

Chocolate High Protein Shake 26g | fairlife Core Power Milk Shakes

I am only weighing myself on the 1st day of the month, more often than that doesn't work for me.

I love weighing myself at the doctor's office, his scales gives me 2kg less than the scale I have at home. I'm 52kg there and 54kg at home.

I'm only weighing myself there from now on :laugh:

Other than that my food re education "program" is going well. I eat a lot more veggies and I eat soup usually 5 times per week. I'm having veggies with almost every meal; I actually find myself craving vegetables and think of them as comfort food, when I feel bad I feel like I want to see veggies on my plate. I found at least two vegetarian dishes that I like. And I didn't eat any sweets this week (let's not talk about last week though). I'm going to the gym twice per week and looking to increase that to 3 times per week like I was doing last year.

For me it was not about the weight, but about unhealthy eating habits, and eating a lot more sweets than I should.

MrsT is down to exactly 180 pounds. I think her lowest since she started WW is 177, so she’s zeroing in on that.

I love weighing myself at the doctor's office, his scales gives me 2kg less than the scale I have at home. I'm 52kg there and 54kg at home.

I'm only weighing myself there from now on :laugh:

Other than that my food re education "program" is going well. I eat a lot more veggies and I eat soup usually 5 times per week. I'm having veggies with almost every meal; I actually find myself craving vegetables and think of them as comfort food, when I feel bad I feel like I want to see veggies on my plate. I found at least two vegetarian dishes that I like. And I didn't eat any sweets this week (let's not talk about last week though). I'm going to the gym twice per week and looking to increase that to 3 times per week like I was doing last year.

For me it was not about the weight, but about unhealthy eating habits, and eating a lot more sweets than I should.

That is really impressive LissaC!

I am bouncing around between 176 and 181 this last week. I need to watch my eating to see if there is an obvious reason. I'd like to be down between 165 and 170.

CD

Back
Top Bottom