In favor of olive oil

I never knew there was a connection between fats and blood pressure. I'm going to have to look into that.

Someone told me recently that you only use a small quantity of it and I mostly use oil for sauteeing on the stove or roasting things in the oven. I rarely actually fry anything.

If you have a really good quality oil that has an amazing fragrance I think it makes a difference. You should definitely give it a try - it's not just for salads :)

I think fats in general. Cheese is very high, and mr WD dr advised him to cut down. He also has a spread now that claims to promote lower cholesterol. I have no doubt that a new study will be out soon to say that something else is bad for us. Just about everything is nowadays.

We use olive oil as a dressing for pasta but I do not like it drizzled over a salad because it can make food oily which I do not like, a drop or 2 yes but not much more. We tend to use groundnut oil for most things, some oils have far too strong a flavour. Butter is rarely used in our house.

Horses for courses.

Olive oil is fine for some things, but it's got a pretty low smoke point, so not great if you want to work at a high temp, for example searing or stir frying.

My first go-to oil is definitely olive oil, but good olive oil. Recently, I had the chance to cook with avocado oil or olive oil and I tested the waters with it. Apparently, avocado oil is good for high heat. I enjoyed the flavor but I always top my dishes off with good olive oil anyways. I feel like I have become a bit of snob when it comes to olive oil I've gotten used to the olive oil in Italy. Now that oil is really out of this world and makes you want to refuse to cook with it because it is just sooooooo tasty!

I plan on trying out my luck cooking with coconut oil soon. I would just hate for a sweet taste to go on my food.

We use olive oil as a dressing for pasta but I do not like it drizzled over a salad because it can make food oily which I do not like, a drop or 2 yes but not much more. We tend to use groundnut oil for most things, some oils have far too strong a flavour. Butter is rarely used in our house.

What do you use on a salad then?

Horses for courses.

Olive oil is fine for some things, but it's got a pretty low smoke point, so not great if you want to work at a high temp, for example searing or stir frying.

There is more than one type of olive oil.

Recently, I had the chance to cook with avocado oil...

I plan on trying out my luck cooking with coconut oil soon. I would just hate for a sweet taste to go on my food.

I may have to give avocado oil a try. Grapeseed is expensive, but I don't fry things that often so I can primarily stick to peanut and olive unless I find a good deal on other (quality) oils.

Back
Top Bottom