Including more vegetables in your diet

karadekoolaid that's so true. To cook vegetables on point is an art and a french cooked carrot can be as satisfying as a medium steak. I guess most people never experienced really good vegetables and only know either raw salads or overcooked veggies.

Asparagus with hollandaise sauce is one of my favorite foods. It ranks right up there with cheesecake. :wink:
I'll eat it lightly cooked with a little salt and butter, too. Really can't compare it to cheesecake, I think I would prefer the asparagus, but I just don't have much of a sweet tooth.

We're thinking about switching to a more Asian style of eating, it's in my heritage of course but my husband doesn't do well on bread (he's got IBS) and I want to eat more vegetables and more variety.
So slowly we're going to ease our way into eating 3 meals a day centered around rice, as my Indonesian ancestors did before. Going to give it a try this month, and if we like it we will stick with it. Of course, this goes mostly for meals eaten at home. We'll still eat Western style food at restaurants, and sometimes at home too but the focus will be on Asian food for the coming time.

The most traditional way of eating is generally having a bowl of rice, two vegetable dishes, and one meat dish plus a soup for the main meal of the day. The other meals just use up whatever else is available. I'm curious to see how we will both react to this new way of eating.

Back
Top Bottom