2- cups heavy cream
1/2- cup Kerrygold Irish Swiss cheese, grated
1/2- cup Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2- cup Dubliner cheese, grated
3 1/2 -cups clover-shaped pasta (if available), cooked and cooled
3/4- cup plain bread crumbs

How to make it
Preheat oven to 350° F
Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish or six 6-ounce ramekins.
In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of the butter.
Add the shallots and cook until soft, but not browned, about 3 minutes.
Add the Guinness® and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes more.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Melt remaining 2 teaspoons of butter.
In a bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cheese, and cream mixture. Pour into prepared pan or ramekins.
Top with bread crumbs and spoon melted butter over the top
Bake for 30 minutes, until bread crumbs are lightly browned and sauce is bubbling.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/110019/irish-baked-pasta-with-cheese-and-stout.html

In the absence of a smoothie I guess we are going to go with good old Guinness. I don't know the last day I saw a recipe that specified Kerry Gold as much as this one does. Further, I can't even say I have seen Kerry Gold cheese but definitely the butter. Either way I am good for substituting things. As long as cheese is involved I think this has to be tasty enough recipe.

Never seen KerryGold Cheese!
I don't believe you. They make at least half a dozen types.

Never seen KerryGold Cheese!
I don't believe you. They make at least half a dozen types.

But where can you buy them in the UK (let alone Barbados)? I don't know why not, but I can't find them. Kerrygold Butter, yes. We used to be able to buy Kerrygold cheese here but I can only think that its been ousted by the likes of Cathedral City and Pilgrims Choice (strangely religious brand names).

But where can you buy them in the UK (let alone Barbados)? I don't know why not, but I can't find them. Kerrygold Butter, yes. We used to be able to buy Kerrygold cheese here but I can only think that its been ousted by the likes of Cathedral City and Pilgrims Choice (strangely religious brand names).
Well, using the online site, Tesco don't even sell KerryGold butter. But it was in the store yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom