Recipe Italian Deviled Egg Appetisers

Francesca

Local time
6:43 PM
The Term Deviled, was documented and referenced in the world of cuisine, in the 18th century (1786 to be exact ). It denotes "zesty and spicy" ..

There are uncountable variations in different countries, however, the Deviled Egg was first created in The Roman Empire before the year 700 and was traditionally served as an appetiser or a starter ..

Here is our family recipe:

devileggonplateappetizers-stuffedeggsbearnaise.jpg

Ingredients
2 Hard boiled eggs per person
Smoked Pimentón / Smoked Paprika for garnish
1 / 4 Cup of Ali Oli or Mayonaise preferably home made
1/2 Teaspoon Dijon, Mustard
1 1 /2 Teaspoons of Genovese Basil Pesto
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese or 1/2 Tsp. Reggiano Parmesano and 1 /2 Tsp. Pecorino Sardo ..
1 tiny dried red chili pepper crumbled
Salt and Freshly Ground black pepper to taste
Minced fresh parsley to suit taste
1 tiny shallot
1 or 2 tiny cloves of minced garlic
1 / 2 Teaspoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
For Those who like Extra Spicy & Zesty: Add 2 Red Chili Peppers & or Red Pepper Flakes instead of one ..

1 ) After the hard boiled eggs are cool enough to handle, peel the eggs.
2) Take out the Yolks, and place in a médium size glass bowl ..
3) With a fork, pound the yolks until they are a fine crumble texture ..
4) Combine with the mayo and the Dijon and blend with a Stick Mixer ..
5) Now, add the lemon juice, Basil Pesto and the Parmesano and the other ingredients ( garlic, shallot and Parsley and the Red Chili Pepper) ..
6) With the Stick Mixer, créate a smooth texture ..
7) Salt and Pepper to taste ..
8) Spoon this mixture into the egg White halves and garnish with The Smoked Paprika ..
9 ) Place in the Refrigerator to cool for 2 hours before serving ..

Serve with breads and / or crackers of choice .. This pairs wonderfully with a Sparkling White Wine, Italian Prosecco or Spanish Cava.

Enjoy and have a lovely weekend ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Lovely recipe and I adore spicy eggs. :D

@Francesca can you please learn to use the Recipe prefix. We have been adding the prefix for you but it will save us a job if you do it when you post a recipe! :okay: See how to do it here: Adding "Recipe" to a title.

If you are using images grabbed from the internet attached to your own recipe you should credit the source. In this case: http://therunawayspoon.com/blog/2010/05/stuffed-eggs-bearnaise/.

@morning glory

Okay. I was not sure how exactly but I shall catch on ! Thank you .. These are wonderful .. Unfortunately I did not have a photo as the récipe has been in the family for centuries !! Have a lovely weekend ..

@Francesca, to clarify this is how to add the Recipe prefix:
To add this Prefix when you enter a recipe, simply click on the arrow to the right of the title (No prefix) and you will get a 'list'. Select Recipe and the prefix has been added to the title.

@Francesca, to clarify this is how to add the Recipe prefix:
To add this Prefix when you enter a recipe, simply click on the arrow to the right of the title (No prefix) and you will get a 'list'. Select Recipe and the prefix has been added to the title.

@ morning glory

Shall give it a try tomorrow or Monday. Thank you .. Apologies ..

@ morning glory

Shall give it a try tomorrow or Monday. Thank you .. Apologies ..

@morning glory

I totally agree with you regarding copyright photographs. I was going to ask you about this .. As I collaborated on a book with a Photographer and would like to use his photographs .. I have his legal documented Photograph Release providing me with Permission to use his photographs with my recipes and other gastro related activities I am involved in ..

Thank you for all your information.

@ Erw,

Simply a marvel .. It is one of the few ways in which I like eggs !

Have a lovely day and Thank you for the like click ..

Back
Top Bottom