It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

I haven't used gift wrap in years. My ex wife wrapped EVERYTHING, even stocking stuffers. After all the presents were open, we had two or thre big green garbage bags full of wrapping paper to be tossed. What a waste of money, and trees.

I use either gift boxes or gift bags, so they can be put away and used year after year. Over the years, my family has started to do the same for most gifts, mostly because they now know how much easier it is -- not so much for the trees.

<getting off soapbox>

CD

This year we are only wrapping 3 presents.

I sent the first dozen or so out at the beginning of the week, so I'm expecting the dividends from that any day now.

If that doesn't bear fruit, then in the true Christmas spirit, those a**holes are dead to me forever. :laugh:
There is someone I last worked with twenty years ago. I still get a card off her, and I've no idea where she lives now, and she's even disappeared off Facebook. I guess she will twig eventually.

There is someone I last worked with twenty years ago. I still get a card off her, and I've no idea where she lives now, and she's even disappeared off Facebook. I guess she will twig eventually.
I save the cards from the previous year, minus the envelope, so I can get an idea of who actually sent us cards.

Fully half of them, I'll pick up the card, look at the photo (aside: why does everyone send photo cards? I don't want to see you and your kids on some stupid summer holiday, I want a festive illustration or winterscape!), look inside, and say, "Who the <bleep> is this from?"

Ho Ho Ho! I recently obtained a Christmas movie that was not in my collection, - "Miracle on 34th Street."

Although Hollywood throws Christmas into movies released for ticket sales during the Christmas holiday season, I don't consider those Christmas movies. And my two versions of "A Christmas Carol", 1938 and 1951, I put in my Horror movie category. I don't have a holiday movie category in my collection.

We have relatives on both sides who are if a certain age so when I post cards I always put our name and address on the back.

hubby remembered the crackers! :woot:

View attachment 76870
Here are ours:

I haven't bought a new toothbrush or any pens in thirty years (or more), thanks to what my mom puts into our stockings. I haven't bought soap in years, either, but that's because of all the hotels I stay in. :laugh:

My current stash...

View attachment 76867

CD
When we did travel, and did so quite frequently, I would gather up all of my free toiletries and sent them to our US Military troops stationed aboard.
That hasn't happened for 2+ years now.

Back
Top Bottom