It's that time of year again: Christmas 2021

As a matter of fact, it is.

I'm buying myself a trendy t-shirt, some leggins, a denim mini-skirt, and getting myself a wig in a flash color, and will insist everyone call me Morning Glory for two hours on Christmas.

Actually...I might already have the mini-skirt... 🤔:laugh:

:roflmao:

I laughed out loud - not least because I know you will probably really do it!

Don't tell my family, but they are getting chocolate this year.

We're doing it a little different this year, no tree but strings of christmas lights decorated with ornaments.

I'm just not feeling the usual Christmas buzz, so I want a different kind of celebration. A little more modest than what I usually am up to. I did invite two of my husband's best friends for board games & tabletop grilling somewhere around Christmas, and on Christmas itself I am planning on creating a modest three course dinner for my youngest stepson & husband.

We will have no family around because my MIL insists on inviting my husbands ex to her christmas, which is pretty bizarre and a whole other topic. She considers me and the ex equals she doesn't want to choose between :whistling: so we opted out of celebrating Christmas with them. MIL's mental health is detoriating and she's more vulnerable to people trying to push their agenda, so she agreed to the one pushing hardest and that was my husband's ex whom she still sees due to the stepsons. Eldest stepson will spend Christmas with MIL and my husband's ex/his mother ofc. We will visit MIL in between Christmas and New Year instead.

And my best friend is already occupied on Christmas, so this is what it is.

They've not gotten in the UK Christmas editions of Good Housekeeping and Women's Day yet, but they did have this:

My DH is American-Italian and his family always celebrates Christmas Eve with The Feast Of The Seven Fishes.
I've amended this to our own version

IMG_0103.JPG

(Christmas Eve 2020)

I call it 7 Local-Style (reads as from Hawaii) Fishes plus dessert 😄
Starting on the upper left,
Apple Crostata
A small bowl steamed White Rice, `cuz that's how we roll
Shrimp Cocktail
Mini Cheese Piazzas with Anchovies
Lomi Lomi Salmon
Ahi Poke
Slipper Lobster Tail
Kamaboko (Japanese-Style Steamed Fish Cake
Steamed Mussels

This year, we have my Mother living with us, so I may change it up a bit.
Mom is not fond of Fish or Seafood in general, but we'll see.

Ok, here's a funny thing that just happened.

Last month, on our Pennsylvania vacation, I reported how we stopped into a Christmas shop that we like, because it specializes in European blown glass ornaments (and other European Christmas items, like nutcrackers, smokers, and pyramids).

We saw and fell in love with a six-ornament boxed set of Nutcracker Fantasy ornaments, from the ballet. That's our favorite Christmas story and we usually see it every few years live.

"You know," I said, "These really look familiar. I think we might have these."

"No, we've just seen them before, but we've never bought them," said MrsT.

They were a little pricey, but it's for Christmas, it's The Nutcracker, and you only live once, right? Right. We also bought display holders for them.

I think you know how this ends up.

Earlier this evening, after finishing the tree, I was rooting around in the closet, digging out the proper wooden advent calendar, when I came across a familiar-looking wooden ornament box.

Uh-oh.

Yup, we'd already bought the set. When we were there before. In 2013. Along with a display holder! :roflmao:

We have two nieces who have both let us know (separately) that they fully expect to inherit our ornaments when we die. I told my wife at least there's one set they won't have to fight over!

I've just ordered my vegan chocolates from tasmania again. He remembered me and was happy to tell me that he's expanded his vegan chocolate range. That's about AUD $250 just spent...

I will point out that this is Advent calendar chocolates for 2, Christmas Day, 25th Wedding anniversary and birthday chocolate all in one go.... Ok, all chocolates are for 2...

He's actually a Belgium chocolatier who relocated to Tassie (Tasmania)... and each chocolate is made by hand. i'm actually concerned I've not ordered enough but I did buy some others last week as a precaution.... post from tassie can take a while though last year it only took 2 days!

So this is what I had last year

I'm getting 2 large and 1 medium this year (last year was 3 large & 1 small)

plus there are these to add to the mix...

So I'm going to wrap up pairs of identical chocolates in wrapping papper over the next few days to get the advent calendar going and then some more when the Nut Patch chocolates arrive and that's Christmas, Anniversary, Advent & Birthday sorted.

I was set up yesterday with family here,
Back story we always have lunch here xmas day, always about 1ish. So I was upstairs and came down to this.
My son says, dad, so you know what we're doing xmas day, we are spending the day with cushlas family and will be here about 5ish.
Apparently my jaw dropped and i was speechless............then some one started laughing. He was winding me up. He knows i love xmas lunch and my family around me.
Knocked the wind out of my sails.
:(

Russ

Back
Top Bottom