Its that time of year again: Thanksgiving, USA

My dressing, cornbread, is made. Veges are parcooked for Craig's, he's making his now, bought seasoned cubes. Green beans are cooked. Mushrooms are sliced and ready to make the sauce for the green bean casserole after Craig makes his dressing. Onions are thinly sliced to dry out some before getting tossed with seasoned flour and fried for the green beans. After my next turn in the kitchen, he will start the sweet potatoes. I am still deciding whether to make pecan pie or not. We bought just the turkey breast. I'm going to spatchcock it and cook it on top of our dressings so they soak up the juices and effectively become stuffings.

I just put in two 5 inch pecan pies. Made 2/3 of the recipe so there's enough for 2 sets of desserts unless someone decides to eat a whole pie themselves later.

I'll make the compound butter and put the turkey in when they are done.

Craig still has to make his potatoes and I'll fry the onion strings while the turkey is resting.

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving.
First the sour news. Hubby and I are both handicapped, so we wanted something easy this year. Got a 3.5 lb. frozen boneless turkey breast. Talk about a joke. Frozen, the breast just fit into our 6Qt Crockpot so we planned to cook it in that. Defrosted, we found a HUGE gravy packet inside, plus a lot of turkey skin stuffed inside also. I think we ended up with mabe 1-1/2 lbs of actual turkey meat. I think we would have gotten more meat from a whole chicken. Oh well.

Now the better news... We're having the turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts, and gravy. Also have an 11 lb. meatloaf thats also made in the crockpot and Kings Hawaiian Rolls. Pies include apple pie and sweet potato pie. Planning on a coffee cake Friday.

Turkey's out, sweet potatoes and broccoli casserole in. Stuffing's done as well. Broccoli still has 35 minutes, so obviously I can't calculate time differentials worth a 💩. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom