Just venting

cookieee

Local time
1:04 AM
Sorry about this, but I am soooo angry. Last night I did not get to see my favorite show of the season "Dancing With The Stars". It was their Halloween show. Why?????? Because a d*&% football game was on. Now I just found out my next favorite show NCIS is a repeat. Don't know why, but on another channel they are showing baseball. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry about this, but I am soooo angry. Last night I did not get to see my favorite show of the season "Dancing With The Stars". It was their Halloween show. Why?????? Because a d*&% football game was on. Now I just found out my next favorite show NCIS is a repeat. Don't know why, but on another channel they are showing baseball. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Click here:
Watch Dancing with the Stars TV Show - ABC.com

Thank you, that was sweet of you, but the same thing happened when I clicked on your link like it did for me this morning. All I get is a big black screen.

Perhaps try another browser. Chrome, Safari, sometimes Firefox will jailbreak a lockout.

I have a rant too.

West Coast USA college teams games are broadcast on the PAC 12 channel.
I know of no bar nor friend that has access to the PAC 12 channel nor do we.

But an interesting thing we learned this week was the relegation rule in UK football.
Arguably the best rule in all of worldwide sports and damn it, we never knew.

A tiny beach dive bar the “Rudder Room” has a Brit bartender and UK crowd that are fanatically keen on soccer.
They patiently and enthusiastically explain the game to anyone. In depth too.

My sports fanatic friends and I never heard of relegation. It is the way to roll. The Brits explained it and it is far reaching. Deadly in some fans minds.

We have professional sports franchises across the USA that make little effort to compete. They still earn hundreds of millions of dollars in spite and live in the cellar.

I wish we had relegation here.

Last edited:
That baseball game would be game six of the World Series. Kind of big deal. :wink:

CD

Although, as a non-pro sport fan, I'd find it a big deal back in my TV days to miss out actually-scheduled programming because some other (non-critical thing) event decided to interlope into planned watching. I consider the World Series to be just that.

I don't know when the World Series starts, who's playing, when it's over, or who wins. 😐

My venting/FWP:

In line at a discount store today, didn't grab a basket, and I went in for one thing but bought 10 things, so my arms were full. One woman at the register, and a couple in front of me.

When I got in line, the woman was nearly done, so I thought it'd be quick. Then the cashier asked the woman, "Do you have a Cheapy McCheap's loyalty card?"

"Um...no?"

<I shuffle my purchases>

"Would you like one? You'll save 5% today and get coupons and specials in your email!"

<Say no! Say no! Say no!>

"Um...I'll probably hold up the line, but...ok."

<Sh*t! And saying you'll probably hold up the line doesn't make holding up the line ok 😠 >

"Right. What's your name?"

"Janey Slowbutt."

"And your email?"

"janeyslowbutt@aol.com"

"Hmmmm...that's not working."

"Oh, it should all be little characters."

"That doesn't matter."

<I shuffle, then drop some things. Arm going numb...>

"Oh, it's Janey with a Y. You have ie."

"I sure do! Let's see...nope, still not working."

<For the rest of us, just give it up!>

"Oh, and I think there's a dash thing in there...maybe between my first and last name? I don't know. Computers!"

<It ain't the computer, Lady!>

This went on and on and on, they had to open another register because those two, between the two of them, took several minutes just to get the email address worked out.

My venting/FWP:

In line at a discount store today, didn't grab a basket, and I went in for one thing but bought 10 things, so my arms were full. One woman at the register, and a couple in front of me.

When I got in line, the woman was nearly done, so I thought it'd be quick. Then the cashier asked the woman, "Do you have a Cheapy McCheap's loyalty card?"

"Um...no?"

<I shuffle my purchases>

"Would you like one? You'll save 5% today and get coupons and specials in your email!"

<Sh*t! And saying you'll probably hold up the line doesn't make holding up the line ok 😠 >

"Janey Slowbutt."

"And your email?"

"janeyslowbutt@aol.com"

"That doesn't matter."

"Oh, and I think there's a dash thing in there...maybe between my first and last name? I don't know. Computers!"

This went on and on and on, they had to open another register because those two, between the two of them, took several minutes just to get the email address worked out.

I love it!

My venting/FWP:

"Um...no?"

<I shuffle my purchases>

"Janey Slowbutt."

"And your email?"

"janeyslowbutt@aol.com"

"That doesn't matter."

I have one if the original gmail email addresses from the days when it was invite only and was still in beta being tested as a concept. The days before Google search engine actually became a words in the dictionary and Yahoo, AOL and others dominated the scene.

Nowadays I am plagued by people who can't for the life of them remember that their email address has numbers at the end. The result is that I am often getting password reset messages to my phone and backup email (it won't happen because I'm on authorised devices only, pin code confirmation, plus a unique one off code that I generated a sheet of years ago to deal with this issue). I also get loads of information regarding people signing up for gym membership (quoted their full password in the email, so I could log in add them and see their full credit card details, home address, phone number, the lot! ), school information regarding kids not attending, kids going to this class must pasty now else they will be turned away, invoices for similar, threats of as bailiffs for non payment of $100,000 of head of cattle! You name it. I frequently gets lawyers and the likes. There's a famous person with my name somewhere in new York trying hard to set up the web address she owns but has accidentally registered to my wordpress account... I even put up a polite message saying please contact me, and activated her site for her so she could see it. She never did, so have 6 months I took it offline and registered it. The list goes on and on.

The amount I own, have signed up for and never actually paid for is quite extensive actually!
I can tell the genuine from the spam, spam just gets spammed, but I do politely contact the genuine ones explaining that they need to contact the person by another means because they have given you someone else's email address and that I want my email address off their systems.

Some days I wonder about giving up the email address, but it is some very useful. Quick and easy and is my name.

But how hard is it to remember your email address? Really people. Come on. Grrrr

I had one of the original gmail addresses too and kept getting emails for someone else. She had the same name as me but used a hyphen between her first name and surname, but people still kept sending them to the wrong one of us. I got so many emails meant for her I got really fed up with it - in the end every time one of her friends emailed about going out I said I couldn't make it, and every time I got a confirmation email for her online shopping I emailed them back and said I know nothing about it, I think someone is having a laugh so please cancel the order. I even did that when she ordered flowers for a wedding - I didn't get any more wrongly addressed emails after that. I wonder why? :D

Although, as a non-pro sport fan, I'd find it a big deal back in my TV days to miss out actually-scheduled programming because some other (non-critical thing) event decided to interlope into planned watching. I consider the World Series to be just that.

Keep in mind, Broadcasting big business. Networks fight tooth and nail to get events like the World Series and the Super Bowl. They can make A LOT of money off of advertising revenues for those events. So, it's a very big deal to them.

CD

Back
Top Bottom