Just venting

I wish we had relegation here.
I do, too. For those who don't know, relegation means that the worst teams in the league get demoted to a minor league. In baseball over here, the Detroit Tigers have been depressing for me to watch. They don't have a plan to rebuild with good, young players. They're just bad. If relegation were a thing over here, Detroit, Baltimore, and Miami would be demoted to AAA level. Then, Scranton, Columbus, and Gwinettt would get to be major league teams. Advertising money is with the top league, so this would be a windfall for the last 3 teams (and a disaster for first 3). If they really want to be in the major leagues, put a good product on the field!

At work the shopfloor gents toilets are being refurbished so the men ate using the ladies loos and the ladies are using the womens staff loos. The women are complaining because there are 10 of them but only 3 cubicles, we are not happy because they are starting to smell and on Friday someone pooed on one of the seats.

Keep in mind, Broadcasting big business. Networks fight tooth and nail to get events like the World Series and the Super Bowl. They can make A LOT of money off of advertising revenues for those events. So, it's a very big deal to them.

CD

I know. One of the reasons I'm doing my (small) part not to support that!

Mewmew - I have to explain my Like. It was more in line with the fact that you made me laugh out loud. I was sitting here, full of pancakes, feeling all Christmassy, and I popped on and read your post, and instead of killing my mood, for whatever reason, it just gave me a big laugh - and not at you, please understand. I think it's just because people irritated by Christmas and how early it starts really, truly are as much a part of Christmas as sappy music and even sappier movies.

Now, I'm off to town for some groceries, and I'll be listening to some of that sappy Christmas music, butt-dancing all the way there and all the way back!

Ruddy Christmas adverts!
Mewmew - I have to explain my Like. It was more in line with the fact that you made me laugh out loud. I was sitting here, full of pancakes, feeling all Christmassy, and I popped on and read your post, and instead of killing my mood, for whatever reason, it just gave me a big laugh - and not at you, please understand. I think it's just because people irritated by Christmas and how early it starts really, truly are as much a part of Christmas as sappy music and even sappier movies.

Now, I'm off to town for some groceries, and I'll be listening to some of that sappy Christmas music, butt-dancing all the way there and all the way back!
I'm glad I made you laugh! I just did that too..! :laugh:

Well, no new oven today. Even though I got 2 emails about delivery today, 1 yesterday and 1 early this morning, it hadn't come 30 minutes after the end of the 4 hour delivery period. So, I called. Turns out it never got ordered from the manufacturer. Earliest they can get it to us is Thursday. They were on phone with me and manufacturer at same time so at least I know it got ordered this time. They did offer $50 for the inconvenience, but I have to call them again after we actually take delivery.

Well, no new oven today. Even though I got 2 emails about delivery today, 1 yesterday and 1 early this morning, it hadn't come 30 minutes after the end of the 4 hour delivery period. So, I called. Turns out it never got ordered from the manufacturer. Earliest they can get it to us is Thursday. They were on phone with me and manufacturer at same time so at least I know it got ordered this time. They did offer $50 for the inconvenience, but I have to call them again after we actually take delivery.

What a pain.

Every year we get the option of wine or biscuits from the company. This year we all had a choice-white wine, red wine, chocolates or biscuits. A couple of weeks ago I asked everyone which 2 items they wanted. Quite a few people finished today so I gave them what they asked for and wished them a Merry Christmas. One guy had asked for a bottle of red and chocolates-today he informed me he had asked for biscuits not wine, no he asked for wine-he was adamant he didn't, can't argue so swapped, another person asked if they could change what they ordered. NO! Every year we get this, it really annoys. We only buy a few extra of what we need but if we agreed to everyone changing then some people would be left with what they don't want.

Back
Top Bottom