Just venting

Every year we get the option of wine or biscuits from the company. This year we all had a choice-white wine, red wine, chocolates or biscuits. A couple of weeks ago I asked everyone which 2 items they wanted. Quite a few people finished today so I gave them what they asked for and wished them a Merry Christmas. One guy had asked for a bottle of red and chocolates-today he informed me he had asked for biscuits not wine, no he asked for wine-he was adamant he didn't, can't argue so swapped, another person asked if they could change what they ordered. NO! Every year we get this, it really annoys. We only buy a few extra of what we need but if we agreed to everyone changing then some people would be left with what they don't want.
Some people! In future, they'd be placing orders via email or a written slip, just for verification. When we do little team gifts like this, that's how we do it.

...and I'll have white wine and biscuits, please. :)

Every year we get the option of wine or biscuits from the company. This year we all had a choice-white wine, red wine, chocolates or biscuits. A couple of weeks ago I asked everyone which 2 items they wanted. Quite a few people finished today so I gave them what they asked for and wished them a Merry Christmas. One guy had asked for a bottle of red and chocolates-today he informed me he had asked for biscuits not wine, no he asked for wine-he was adamant he didn't, can't argue so swapped, another person asked if they could change what they ordered. NO! Every year we get this, it really annoys. We only buy a few extra of what we need but if we agreed to everyone changing then some people would be left with what they don't want.
You have a legitimate gripe.

A company I used to deal with used to on last day of work before Xmas the staff met at the office where they were all given a half ham on the bone, about 10 years ago the boss was giving them out when he heard about 3 people say, oh a bloody ham again. Guess what, next year they got nothing. Ungrateful sods.!!

Russ

A company I used to deal with used to on last day of work before Xmas the staff met at the office where they were all given a half ham on the bone, about 10 years ago the boss was giving them out when he heard about 3 people say, oh a bloody ham again. Guess what, next year they got nothing. Ungrateful sods.!!

Russ

To be fair, it doesn't matter what we get, there will always be someone who complains. Some people are just never satisfied

While we're on the subject of white wine, chocolates and biscuits, any chance of some catnip? :wink:

Went to a Kroger location I rarely ever visit today, just to have a little drive.

I swear, all the patrons were like they were on slow-motion drugs. I'm normally a fairly quickly moving person, and if I need, say, a box of cereal, I step up, grab my box, and back to my cart and off like a shot to the next things.

Geez-Louise, everyone in the store today seemed intent on picking up every item of everything, examining it closely, putting it back, selecting another one of the same thing, then putting that back and getting the other one. I was about to lose my mind waiting on people to get their items and move on!

Went to a Kroger location I rarely ever visit today, just to have a little drive.

I swear, all the patrons were like they were on slow-motion drugs. I'm normally a fairly quickly moving person, and if I need, say, a box of cereal, I step up, grab my box, and back to my cart and off like a shot to the next things.

Geez-Louise, everyone in the store today seemed intent on picking up every item of everything, examining it closely, putting it back, selecting another one of the same thing, then putting that back and getting the other one. I was about to lose my mind waiting on people to get their items and move on!

My wife's a terrible shopper, same as you described, an hour to get 4 things from supermarket. Me, im in and out in 5 mins. One thing that gets me is standing behind a shopper and the teller says how much the goods are worth. Then, and only then the woman opens up her handbag, then 10 mins later they finally pay. I get so wound up about it. I always have money in my hand at checkout.

Russ

The cabled company keeps on shutting off service for repair work! Every week now for the last two months! I'm so fed up with this crap!! :eek::ninja:

My wife's a terrible shopper, same as you described, an hour to get 4 things from supermarket. Me, im in and out in 5 mins. One thing that gets me is standing behind a shopper and the teller says how much the goods are worth. Then, and only then the woman opens up her handbag, then 10 mins later they finally pay. I get so wound up about it. I always have money in my hand at checkout.

Russ
I'd wanted some chicken breasts. There was a cooler along the wall, then one in the center of the aisle.

I knew the ones I wanted were along the wall. I got there, and a gentleman was going through every single packet of chicken, picking it up, inspecting it, putting it down, getting another one, doing the same, going back to the first one, then getting a third one, etc.

I'm waiting and waiting, not wanting to rush the guy, then he turns around to check the cooler behind him, and I'm thinking, "Great, now's my chance," go to move in...and the b@stard turned back around, went back to the same chickens, and started the whole thing over again!

And if that weren't bad enough, when I got to the cheese, same thing with a woman! What's worse, she was going through each and every packet of plain old run-of-the-mill Kraft cheddar, and blocking the whole area to do it. It's Kraft cheddar - one's exactly the same as the other. At least with the chicken, there was something of a reason to compare packages, but not 8oz bricks of identical cheddars!

I'd wanted some chicken breasts. There was a cooler along the wall, then one in the center of the aisle.

I knew the ones I wanted were along the wall. I got there, and a gentleman was going through every single packet of chicken, picking it up, inspecting it, putting it down, getting another one, doing the same, going back to the first one, then getting a third one, etc.

I'm waiting and waiting, not wanting to rush the guy, then he turns around to check the cooler behind him, and I'm thinking, "Great, now's my chance," go to move in...and the b@stard turned back around, went back to the same chickens, and started the whole thing over again!

And if that weren't bad enough, when I got to the cheese, same thing with a woman! What's worse, she was going through each and every packet of plain old run-of-the-mill Kraft cheddar, and blocking the whole area to do it. It's Kraft cheddar - one's exactly the same as the other. At least with the chicken, there was something of a reason to compare packages, but not 8oz bricks of identical cheddars!

I'm glad im not the only one, I'd love to go shopping with you.

Russ

I'm glad im not the only one, I'd love to go shopping with you.

Russ
I used to go at 6AM on Sundays to avoid all that, but I kind of fell out of that habit. I probably need to start it up again.

The funniest/worst, was being trapped in a line at the checkout, behind a very old couple. The cashier asked if the woman had a shopper's card, and the woman dumped the entire contents of her massive purse onto the conveyor and pulled out card after card:

"Is this it?"

"No, ma'am, that's a credit card."

"Is this it?"

"No, that's your driver's license."

"How about this, is this it?"

"No, that's a pack of gum."

On and on this went, until she finally decided to just open up a new one, so that took a few minutes, then they finally got her groceries scanned through, then it was a whole thing counting the cash to pay for it.

Finally, all done, she starts to wheel away her cart, and her damn husband pulled a candy wrapper out of his pocket and said, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I ate this earlier." - and the way he said it and giggled, I just knew he didn't forget at all, he did it on purpose.

And of course, that started the whole thing over again, including looking for the shopper's card she just got and had already misplaced.

Back
Top Bottom