Just venting

Our colleague at our other branch defies the laws of common sense, the petty cash reconciliation is fine, I have pointed out an error and she now informs me that her tin is out so maybe that is why :meh: :facepalm:

Yet again her petty cash is out....how can it be wrong every month :scratchhead:

Just a small vent:

We got an email this morning from our favorite winery (out-of-state, four hours' drive away), saying that with everything going on, they were having a wine sale, free shipping and 30% off each case of wine.

MrsTasty and I talked about it, and agreed we should order a case. I was going to go ahead and order it online, choosing our usual favorites, but she insisted on being in on the choosing. Fine, no bother to me, I'll drink whatever gets ordered.

So I started doing something else, something I needed to concentrate on, and then it started:

"Well, what do you want?"

"You know what we always get, just get a few bottles of each to make up a case, I don't care."

Then she started reading them out loud:

"Riesling... Gewurtztraminer..."

"I'm really trying to concentrate on this, can you just order whatever you want, please. It'll be fine."

"Sure."

30 seconds later:

"They have semi-sweet and semi-dry Rieslings. Which one do we want?"

"It really doesn't matter. Just order a couple of both. Seriously, quit interrupting me. Please!"

15 seconds later:

"They also say they have a black Riesling."

"FINE!!! GET IT!!!"

"Ok, ok, I'll leave you alone! Geez!"

60 seconds later:

"Ok, this is what I ha-"

🤦🏻‍♂️ "What. Don't you get. About. LEAVE ME ALONE?!?!" 🤦🏻‍♂️

"Whatever. I'll just order it!"

30 seconds later:

"They want me to send a picture of my driver's license. What should I do?"

😡 "ARGHHHHHH!" 😡

Was the Donner party really hungry?

Yet again her petty cash is out....how can it be wrong every month :scratchhead:

You reminded me of an old guy who did my books in mid 90s, he was old school and he ran a written ledger daily. One year my accountant bought the years balance sheet out to me. We were like 50c out for the year. My accounts guy said he was worried about it being out. I threw him 50c and said were even now. About two weeks went by and he got me aside one day and said I found it, an error of 50c over a year. He was old school.

Russ

You reminded me of an old guy who did my books in mid 90s, he was old school and he ran a written ledger daily. One year my accountant bought the years balance sheet out to me. We were like 50c out for the year. My accounts guy said he was worried about it being out. I threw him 50c and said were even now. About two weeks went by and he got me aside one day and said I found it, an error of 50c over a year. He was old school.

Russ

Thing is, there is a req sheet which automatically adds up the denominations so that will always be correct, so somewhere along the line incorrect change is being given to her and she clearly isn't counting it.

One of the guys at our work place, his wife works for Wilkos. When the virus thing first started she picked as many rolls of toilet tissue, bottles of hand wash and sanitisers she possibly could, staff discount. He was boasting about this knowing shelves were empty but hey they were ok. He was called out by many for being selfish but he didn't care.

One of the guys at our work place, his wife works for Wilkos. When the virus thing first started she picked as many rolls of toilet tissue, bottles of hand wash and sanitisers she possibly could, staff discount. He was boasting about this knowing shelves were empty but hey they were ok. He was called out by many for being selfish but he didn't care.
Bella, some people have moral some no, to know right an wrong should be natural thing. Do that show no considerate for other yet if other way they first to shout!
Sarana x

It's the same here, my nephew's girlfriend works for Kroger, so she (and other employees) get first dibs on everything. :(

At work we have a cleaner, Karen, lovely lady-TVC and I both chat and laugh with her-be cheeky. Other people ignore her-don't acknowledge her because she is 'just the cleaner'. This really bugs me because she is a human being just like the rest of us and, let's face it, she does a horrible job, I would not want to clean gent's loos :headshake:

At work we have a cleaner, Karen, lovely lady-TVC and I both chat and laugh with her-be cheeky. Other people ignore her-don't acknowledge her because she is 'just the cleaner'. This really bugs me because she is a human being just like the rest of us and, let's face it, she does a horrible job, I would not want to clean gent's loos :headshake:

I always talk to everyone. My second part time job as a teen was commercial cleaning. One place was 5 story building with toilets at every landing. I cleaned them all. I had a glove on so no contact. Two jobs got me a house about 10 years later.

Russ

My colleague was complaining today about the furlough scheme, it isn't fair that some people get paid to sit at home when we still have to work. I pointed out no one asked for covid-yes she knows but it still isn't fair.

Not sure what she expects.

My colleague was complaining today about the furlough scheme, it isn't fair that some people get paid to sit at home when we still have to work. I pointed out no one asked for covid-yes she knows but it still isn't fair.

Not sure what she expects.

The only response is to point out that thousands of people on furlough are going to lose their jobs as companies fold and that she isn't going to lose hers. Well, I assume that is less likely unless your company is in trouble due to Covid.

The only response is to point out that thousands of people on furlough are going to lose their jobs as companies fold and that she isn't going to lose hers. Well, I assume that is less likely unless your company is in trouble due to Covid.

She has a very narrow view of the world, a lot of it is that she is unhappy and thinks other people are having better lives, which in this case isn't true.

Our company are benefiting from our competitors temporarily closing their doors so their custom has come to us.

Back
Top Bottom