Recipe & Video Kokoda

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
11:21 PM
This is a recipe very close to my heart and comes from Fiji where I lived and worked a little while back for about a year and a half. It's actually pronounced ko-kon-dah, as in Fiji any word with a "d" in the middle is actually pronounced "nd". Such as the International airport town of "Nadi" is actually pronounced ""Nandi". Even though I'm not a huge fish lover, I grew to love this particular dish, featuring "lolo" which is coconut milk/cream....but almost always the lolo is freshly squeezed in the Islands. This is my Western supermarket version and thus uses canned coconut cream.

Ingredients

500gms fresh white fish fillet cut to 1-2cm cubes
Juice of 5 limes
1 can (270mls) good quality coconut cream
1 small tomato, deseeded and chopped
1 small green capsicum (pepper) deseeded and chopped
1 large spring onion stalk finely sliced
1/2 red onion chopped
2 large red chillies deseeded chopped (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Method

Pour lime juice over fish to fully immerse each piece in a bowl and cover and refrigerate for around 2 hours. Remove fish and drain excess lime juice. Add all other ingredients and carefully stir/mix. Place back in fridge for another 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately chilled in a bowl, with some crusty garlic bread, and maybe with some nice lettuce such as cos.

Video link below. Please note this is one of the first videos I made, and whilst I'm not claiming my later ones are Steven Spielberg masterpieces...this one might make them look that way in comparison. Also...the pic above is from another time I made it, not from below video, but was made following the exact same recipe by myself.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QJkCJbEVA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom