The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
8:37 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
c4da403e-f7b1-4ced-8b5b-8bdb8a672b3a-jpeg.jpg

There are different ways to prepare this, but all have one thing in common: a LOT of parsley. I broke somewhat with tradition because I really wanted to include preserved lemon in the recipe. @morning glory: I believe I had this idea a few days ago, when I decided to make this, but I might have been influenced by your recent post using preserved lemon. Regardless, it's a little burst of sunshine (as it was in your recipe) and it really works here.

I spread the mixture out to make 9 mini-fritattas, but I started out making 7 slightly larger ones.

Ingredients

2 teaspoon canola oil or bacon grease, divided
1 teaspoon dill weed
1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves, chopped
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons preserved lemon, finely chopped
6 eggs
2 teaspoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Balsamic vinegar (for serving)

Directions

1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil (I used bacon fat) in a pan, then add dill weed and fenugreek leaves, stirring continuously for about 30 seconds.

2. Chop parsley and cilantro leaves, discarding the stems. Chop the entire green onion stalk, discarding the roots.

IMG_0449.JPG

3. Add parsley, cilantro, and green onions to the pan, stirring thoroughly to coat with contents of pan. Stir periodically for 3 minutes. Add preserved lemon and stir thoroughly to coat with contents of pan. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool somewhat.

IMG_0450.JPG

4. Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Whisk in flour and baking powder. Whisk together with contents of pan: if they are hot, the eggs will scramble partly, so allow to cool to room temperature if you don't want that.

IMG_0451.JPG

5. Coat the inside of a cupcake pan with oil (or bacon grease). Pour mixture into each compartment using a ladle or spoon, allowing some space at the top for the frittata to puff up.

IMG_0452.JPG

6. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes or until the egg is set. Allow to cool somewhat, then remove from cupcake pan with a butter knife (some of it will stick to the pan). Serve with balsamic vinegar if desired.

View attachment 27935

There are different ways to prepare this, but all have one thing in common: a LOT of parsley. I broke somewhat with tradition because I really wanted to include preserved lemon in the recipe. @morning glory: I believe I had this idea a few days ago, when I decided to make this, but I might have been influenced by your recent post using preserved lemon. Regardless, it's a little burst of sunshine (as it was in your recipe) and it really works here.

I spread the mixture out to make 9 mini-fritattas, but I started out making 7 slightly larger ones.

Ingredients

2 teaspoon canola oil or bacon grease, divided
1 teaspoon dill weed
1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves, chopped
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons preserved lemon, finely chopped
6 eggs
2 teaspoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Balsamic vinegar (for serving)

Directions

1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil (I used bacon fat) in a pan, then add dill weed and fenugreek leaves, stirring continuously for about 30 seconds.

2. Chop parsley and cilantro leaves, discarding the stems. Chop the entire green onion stalk, discarding the roots.

View attachment 27931

3. Add parsley, cilantro, and green onions to the pan, stirring thoroughly to coat with contents of pan. Stir periodically for 3 minutes. Add preserved lemon and stir thoroughly to coat with contents of pan. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool somewhat.

View attachment 27932

4. Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Whisk in flour and baking powder. Whisk together with contents of pan: if they are hot, the eggs will scramble partly, so allow to cool to room temperature if you don't want that.

View attachment 27933

5. Coat the inside of a cupcake pan with oil (or bacon grease). Pour mixture into each compartment using a ladle or spoon, allowing some space at the top for the frittata to puff up.

View attachment 27934

6. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes or until the egg is set. Allow to cool somewhat, then remove from cupcake pan with a butter knife (some of it will stick to the pan). Serve with balsamic vinegar if desired.

I think its brilliant to use the preserved lemon in this recipe. I also like the idea of serving with balsamic vinegar.

I think its brilliant to use the preserved lemon in this recipe. I also like the idea of serving with balsamic vinegar.
Agreed, balsamic vinegar is a must for these. These will be my breakfast all next week at work. Thanks @The Late Night Gourmet for the great recipe.

Back
Top Bottom