Recipe Korean Pork Bulgogi

SlightlyConfused

Local time
12:46 PM
Since in another thread we ended up talking Korean food I am posting the Korean Pork Bulgogi here. I really. really liked this particular dish.

korean_pork_bulgogi.jpg

Korean Pork Bulgogi

• 2 pounds pork sirloin chops or pork loin, thinly sliced against the grain
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
  • 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into 1 inch lengths (plus more for garnish, optional)
  • 10 dried chilies, whole (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
INSTRUCTIONS

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, soy sauce, dried red chili flakes, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil and vegetable oil.
  2. Add the sliced pork to the bowl and toss well to combine, being sure to coat all of the pork with the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
  3. Once ready, use a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear each slice of pork on both sides until slightly charred. Remove from skillet and transfer to a platter. Continue to fry pork in batches until done.
  4. Using a clean skillet, over medium heat, add the already seared pork, green onions, sesame seeds, and whole dried chilies. Toss to combine.
  5. Cook for five minutes until green onions are wilted and chilies have partially re-hydrated.
  6. Plate and garnish with freshly sliced green onions and sesame seeds.

Looks good. I usually buy the pork already marinated, or if I get a sale on a butt I use a marinade from a jar. I may have to give your recipe from scratch a go.

We serve it with red leaf lettuce to make wraps with ssamjang (seasoned soy bean paste), and finely shredded scallions.

Looks good. I usually buy the pork already marinated, or if I get a sale on a butt I use a marinade from a jar. I may have to give your recipe from scratch a go.

We serve it with red leaf lettuce to make wraps with ssamjang (seasoned soy bean paste), and finely shredded scallions.

I am getting so fanatical about this cooking thing I have even began to make my own sauces, well just three so far but more are on the way. One reason I started to cook is because I want develop my own flavours. I get why people buy sauces I am just wanting to see what I can accomplish on my own. I fought buying filo dough and it turns out I was wrong and everyone who told me to buy was right lol.

I am getting so fanatical about this cooking thing I have even began to make my own sauces, well just three so far but more are on the way. One reason I started to cook is because I want develop my own flavours. I get why people buy sauces I am just wanting to see what I can accomplish on my own. I fought buying filo dough and it turns out I was wrong and everyone who told me to buy was right lol.
Yes...this is exactly where I am, too. When I try something that I like at a restaurant - or out of a package - I like to break it down to the base ingredients, and make it myself. Then, inevitably, I end up changing a few things: "I like the taste, but it would be better if it were spicier"...that sort of thing (then again, I think just about everything would be better if it were spicier, including sweet preparations).

Back
Top Bottom