Lamb chump chops ... but only 3

Roger Burton

Local time
4:45 AM
Website
www.rogerburton.co.uk
Hi chaps, hope you're all keeping well in these tricky times. Simple problem here that, of course, I can solve but thought I'd seek opinions from you clever people. I bought a lamb 'pack' and it included 3 chump chops they will need to feed the two of us as my wife will spot it if I attempt to hide one under my vegetables. They weigh a total of 500g so should be enough ... I could split them and have 3 halves each though my butchery skills ain't great or roast/casserole them and then strip them off the bone when cooked ... anyway as I said anyone any ideas they'd like to throw in please ?

I'd just remove some of the fat, grill/fry the natural chops until medium done and cut them into smaller bits (e.g. with a fish filleting knife) on a cutting board on top of a mix/bed made of oil, finger salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, parsley, thyme and garlic. Another option is to cook them for 2,5 - 3 hours in the oven (150°C) with root celery, onions, crushed tomatoes, oregano, parsley, salt and dried fruit (e.g. apricots or figs; added after an hour of cooking) to produce a more pulled lamb type of dish; easy to strip off the bone.

Last edited:
I'd just remove some of the fat, grill/fry the chops until medium done and cut them into bits on a cutting board on top of an oil, finger salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, parsley, thyme and garlic mix/bed to give them flavor. Another option is to cook them for 2,5 - 3 hours in the oven (150°C) with root celery, onions, crushed tomatoes, oregano, parsley, salt and dried fruit (e.g. apricots or figs; added after an hour of cooking) to produce a more pulled lamb type of dish; easy to strip off the bone.
The pulled lamb sounds good, fairly easy to “portion” up and makes a big blank canvas, thanks Hemulen.

Back
Top Bottom