Lazy ‘Cooking’

Sounds lik
That’s what I’m trying to get MrsT to do. She falls into that classic meme of:

Me: Where do you want to eat?
MrsT: I don’t care, anywhere is fine.
Me: Pizza Plaza?
MrsT: No.
Me: Burgerburg (BTW, how is there not a place called Burgerburg - that’s brilliant!)?
MrsT: No, not really in the mood for a burger.
Me: Chinese? Pasta? Salad? Barbecue?
MrsT: No. Nope. Nada. Uh-uh.
Me: Where then? For the love of god, JUST PICK A PLACE!!! 😠
MrsT: Oh, I don’t really care, I’ll eat anywhere. Except those places. 😇

That’s why I keep insisting that one night, she just handle it from beginning to end, so I don’t have to be involved in an hour of back-and-forth. Hasn’t happened yet, though.

I think next time, I’m going to say, “I’m leaving, I’ll be back in two hours, figure it out, and my phone’s off. Good luck.” - except I know I’ll come back home to, “Ok, I’ve got it narrowed down to Vic’s, Chinese Dragon, Bowl-O-Pizza, Frytown…”

Yesterday, while she was trying to work something out, I told her, “You know, if I died tomorrow, you’d starve to death within a week.” :laugh:

I’m right there with you on that. “Low effort” to mean means there’s little to no prep, no cooking. Heating something up or that’s already cooked or assembling something, like a sandwich, is about as far as I’m willing to go.

That’s never worked here. She’s a “I’ll get to that in a minute…” cleaner-upper, but like “tomorrow,” that “in a minute” never arrives.

I told it on here before, but when we first married, she insisted on showing her appreciation for me being the cook by offering to clean the kitchen.

I had a feeling how that would go, so I left it to her, and “I’ll get that later tonight,” turned into “I’ll get that in the morning,” then “I’ll get that when I get home.”

On and on, until we’d eaten off every plate, dirty dishes stacked everywhere, we were eating out of mixing bowls and Tupperware containers, and every time I’d say, “Right. Enough. I’m cleaning this up!” she’d yell at me that she’d get to it, “in a minute.”

I finally cleaned it up after the gnats set up a permanent colony in the kitchen, and to this day, the best I can get is an occasional emptying of the dishwasher (which I’m about to do as soon as I’m off here, been waiting on that since yesterday… :whistling: ).

Sounds exactly like my wife. She doesn’t care where we go. It’s my choice. Then declines every place I suggest. Thank Hod we rarely go out to eat or she would be my ex wife.

Sounds lik

Sounds exactly like my wife. She doesn’t care where we go. It’s my choice. Then declines every place I suggest. Thank Hod we rarely go out to eat or she would be my ex wife.
Another variation of that is, she’ll say she doesn’t care, we’ll go to a place I picked, sit down, order drinks, order our meal, and as soon as the food comes out, she’ll take a bite, I’ll ask how it is, and she’ll say…

“Not very good, but I didn’t want to eat here.”

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom