Recipe Lemon Butter Corn Crema

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:56 AM
Lemon Butter Corn Crema

This is a great sauce for seafood, chicken, pasta, and anything where the combination of roasted garlic, fresh lemon, cream, butter, white wine, and parmesan cheese would be a delicious addition. This sauce also contains a fresh sweet corn puree. The savory ingredients balance out the sweetness of the corn without compromising any of the rich flavor.

Yields approximately 2-2.5 cups of sauce
Ingredients:
1 bulb fresh garlic
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup fresh corn
1/2 cup half n half
3 tbsp heavy cream
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Cut about 1/4 inch from the top of the bulb of garlic, rub some olive oil over the exposed part of the bulb, and wrap in foil. Bake in the oven at 400F for 30-40 minutes until the garlic is a soft paste (I used my toaster oven).

While the garlic bulb is cooking, put 2 tbsp of butter in a sauce pan with the corn and white wine and cook at a low heat, uncovered. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the wine is somewhat reduced. Add the half and half and heavy cream. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat and cover. When the corn mixture has cooled slightly, pour into the food processor and add the lemon juice and sea salt.

Allow garlic to cool slightly before removing the skins, then add them to the food processor mixture (or squeeze garlic paste from the cloves directly into the food processor). Blend until smooth and creamy.

Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and add parmesan cheese.

Heat at a low temperature for 2 minutes before using. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Lemon Butter Corn Crema

This is a great sauce for seafood, chicken, pasta, and anything where the combination of roasted garlic, fresh lemon, cream, butter, white wine, and parmesan cheese would be a delicious addition. This sauce also contains a fresh sweet corn puree. The savory ingredients balance out the sweetness of the corn without compromising any of the rich flavor.

Yields approximately 2-2.5 cups of sauce
Ingredients:
1 bulb fresh garlic
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup fresh corn
1/2 cup half n half
3 tbsp heavy cream
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Cut about 1/4 inch from the top of the bulb of garlic, rub some olive oil over the exposed part of the bulb, and wrap in foil. Bake in the oven at 400F for 30-40 minutes until the garlic is a soft paste (I used my toaster oven).

View attachment 42338

While the garlic bulb is cooking, put 2 tbsp of butter in a sauce pan with the corn and white wine and cook at a low heat, uncovered. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the wine is somewhat reduced. Add the half and half and heavy cream. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat and cover. When the corn mixture has cooled slightly, pour into the food processor and add the lemon juice and sea salt.

View attachment 42339

Allow garlic to cool slightly before removing the skins, then add them to the food processor mixture (or squeeze garlic paste from the cloves directly into the food processor). Blend until smooth and creamy.

View attachment 42340

Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and add parmesan cheese.

View attachment 42341

Heat at a low temperature for 2 minutes before using. Enjoy!

Thanks, look and sounds rich and yummy. My kinda food.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom