Lemon chicken first time

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:56 AM
I really love lemon chicken at Chinese restaurants, not a fan of the gluggy sauce though, so I came across a Chinese but raised kiwi here chef. It looked simple so I made it tonight. Chicken marinaded in soy sauce with white of one egg and some Chinese wine. Marinade for 20 mins but I did 6 hrs. Make a sauce of 2 cups of chicken stock, soy and 1/2. Cup of sugar. Zest of three lemons added also. Separate juice of 3 Or 4 lemons to be added later. Pour the marinade all into flour and coat . I used cornflour as well. Fry for 3 or 4 mins.
Then in a wok Evoo garlic and ginger, add the stock and heat up, add cornflour with water to thicken. Then add the fried pieces. To,coat then serve with rice. It's a 9/10 for me but I know what to alter to 10/10.

I'm doing it for family dinner one night.

Russ

I really love lemon chicken at Chinese restaurants, not a fan of the gluggy sauce though, so I came across a Chinese but raised kiwi here chef. It looked simple so I made it tonight. Chicken marinaded in soy sauce with white of one egg and some Chinese wine. Marinade for 20 mins but I did 6 hrs. Make a sauce of 2 cups of chicken stock, soy and 1/2. Cup of sugar. Zest of three lemons added also. Separate juice of 3 Or 4 lemons to be added later. Pour the marinade all into flour and coat . I used cornflour as well. Fry for 3 or 4 mins.
Then in a wok Evoo garlic and ginger, add the stock and heat up, add cornflour with water to thicken. Then add the fried pieces. To,coat then serve with rice. It's a 9/10 for me but I know what to alter to 10/10.

I'm doing it for family dinner one night.

Russ
Russers can you imagine what it would be like if you garnished it with murphyscreek finger lime pustules.

Don't think we can get here?

Morning Glory there was garlic and ginger in the sauce!

Russ

You may well be able to get finger limes as they are grown mainly in Australia. Or maybe you could grow some: see here:
Finger Limes

Plant availability according to one website -an't vouch that its up to date:
Peter Cave Nursery
www.petercavenursery.co.nz
Kings Plant Barn
Kings Plant Barn Garden Centres Auckland

I was taking about using raw grated ginger in the marinade so that it permeated the chicken.

You may well be able to get finger limes as they are grown mainly in Australia. Or maybe you could grow some: see here:
Finger Limes

Plant availability according to one website -an't vouch that its up to date:
Peter Cave Nursery
www.petercavenursery.co.nz
Kings Plant Barn
Kings Plant Barn Garden Centres Auckland

I was taking about using raw grated ginger in the marinade so that it permeated the chicken.

No just the soy egg white and Chinese wine. G and g in the sauce though.

Russ

dumb and simple and really 'licious lemony chicken:

zest and juice one lemon

2 chicken breast sliced half thick
season: salt, pepper, garlic powder (1/2t) & dried parsley (1/2t)
brown chicken 2 min/side; do not cook thru; remove&reserve

DW note: use only half the lemon juice

add 1/2 c./100 g arborio rice + 1 c chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 t dried parsley
bring to boil; deglaze pan; cook 4-5 min
add chicken back to pan, cover and simmer 20 mins until tender

Back
Top Bottom