Let’s see your…drying dishes!

Wifes rules out of sight out of mind.
Dishwasher loaded until full, set off on longest cycle that heat dries as well.
Beeps when done then I empty into cupboards etc.
She HATES stuff lying around.

Russ

We don't have an electric dishwasher.

However, on Tuesday I did notice that there were two rice cooker inserts in the drying rack. One was from our rice cooker and one was from the dog's rice cooker.

I don't ask why.

However, that day I was cooking yellow rice (Jasmin) and the dogs have cheap Chinese rice. The last 5 kg bag my wife bought very cheap because it had insects living in it.
I am laughing and crying at the same time. I mean, the dogs don't care and the extra protein is good for them, but introducing insects into your environment is an "ewww" thing.

On a related note, we once had some sort of mealy moth infestation that required me to throw about a couple hundred dollars worth of food. I also remember as a child finding weevils in cereal. I am sure that the extra protein is good for us too, but I don't like it when my food is still moving.

One of Teddy's favorite snacks was June Bugs. They are a kind of beetle that are common to Texas in early summer (hence, the name). He'd chase them, and I'd hear "crunch, crunch, crunch." :eek:

CD
i've got chooks that each night stand in the same spot snapping at the air around them. Every now and again they clearly munch & swallow...
I suggest you kill the sound.I have an old tick tock clock on the wall next to where I was standing. It is only my new girls that do this but its not their only strange behaviour.

I am laughing and crying at the same time. I mean, the dogs don't care and the extra protein is good for them, but introducing insects into your environment is an "ewww" thing.

They are tiny little mites about 5th the size of a grain of rice so I doubt there is much protein in them. I didn't count them but I doubt that there are more than 10 in the 5 kg bag.

This is one...

Rice mite s.jpg

Last edited:
They are tiny little mites about 5th the size of a grain of rice so I doubt there is much protein in them. I didn't count them but I doubt that there are more than 10 in the 5 kg bag.

This is one...

I'm not sure what worries me more, the more mites it all those extra black specks over the rice (mite droppings!) That's a real yuck factor!

I'm not sure what worries me more, the more mites it all those extra black specks over the rice (mite droppings!) That's a real yuck factor!

It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Whatever they are I will not be eating it and nor will it be cooked in my rice cooker.

However, the rice will be washed in several changes of water prior to cooking.

Yes, in the quest to start the most banal topic ever, here’s a pic of my freshly-washed dishes air-drying:

View attachment 97171

We’ve seen your fridges, we’ve talked about your cooker, and your kitchen as a whole, so…show us your dishes drying on the counter!

I'll post mine later, but I think I can beat this thread for banality...

Back
Top Bottom