Let's See Your Loaded Dishwasher

Just turned my DW on. There are more bowls and less skillets than usual. Less mugs, too.

dw-bottom.jpg

dw-top.jpg

It took me three days to find a small pyrex jug. It was in a food cupboard where I keep tinned stuff.
When I was photographing that milkshake (malted mocha milkshake for the dark chocolate challenge), I spent about 10 minutes hunting down the reusable metal drink straws for the photo shoot. My shake was rapidly melting, so I gave up! Still don't know where they are, but I haven't looked since.

Unfortunately I can't blame anyone else in the house... oh, wait a minute, here, kitty kitty kitty, what did YOU do with them??

How come I only saw this after unloading my dishwasher this morning?! I'd love to flaunt my dishwashing organization skills with the forum but y'all have to wait until the next washing cycle which should be next week! :laugh:

Quick question, are pots and pans supposed to go in the dishwasher? I hand wash mine because I've read the coating can be damaged in the washer.

OFF WITH HER HEAD!! Everyone knows the ice cream scoop must go in the drawer, not the utensil bucket!!!

By the way, I never need to pre-rinse anything. I have a dog. 🐶

CD
My ice cream scoop is a large serving spoon, and thus goes into the dinnerware drawer.

I do pre-rinse. Serenity is a picky eater and has little interest in human food (other than poultry). Which means even before she got geriatric, she never cared about investigating kitchen counters, and if it weren't for the other cats then, I could have left food out unattended.

Just turned my DW on. There are more bowls and less skillets than usual. Less mugs, too.

View attachment 66753

View attachment 66754
Interesting - I don't see a flatware basket. Do you not use that?

How come I only saw this after unloading my dishwasher this morning?! I'd love to flaunt my dishwashing organization skills with the forum but y'all have to wait until the next washing cycle which should be next week! :laugh:

Quick question, are pots and pans supposed to go in the dishwasher? I hand wash mine because I've read the coating can be damaged in the washer.
It depends on the pot. I don't put my nonstick ones in there, but I do put my stainless steel ones in there.

All my pots and pans go in there except the cast iron, and the stewpot. (The latter won't fit.) Sometimes I want to re-use a skillet before I am ready to run the dish washer and so I may hand wash that - which happened a day ago.

Interesting - I don't see a flatware basket. Do you not use that?
Actually I do. It is under the opened bottom layer of the DW - if you look you can actually see a couple of the forks ready there. Probably should have taken a third photo...

44A18217-BBA9-4235-8B56-A9AF94CB5FCF.jpeg

As you can see, if it can be washed, I put it in the dishwasher. I have never had an issue putting baking sheets in the dishwasher. I always scrape off the debris so it doesn’t explode all over everything else first, however. There is some overlapping, but I am careful to make sure that the water flows so that it hits everything.

I have learned the hard way not to put drinking glasses with printing on them in the dishwasher, since the heat and pressure tends to wear off the printing.

I never ever put mine in the dishwasher. But I have ceramic non-stick ones which they say are dishwasher proof but nevertheless recommend hand washing to prolong the lifetime of the coating. They were pretty pricy and I don't fancy replacing them anytime soon, so they get washed by hand. It'd be a waste of space to put them in the dishwasher anyway....they take seconds to wash by hand.

Not sure when ours is next going on - we only run it a couple of times a week but I'll try to remember to take a photo of it next time its full.

View attachment 66764

As you can see, if it can be washed, I put it in the dishwasher. I have never had an issue putting baking sheets in the dishwasher. I always scrape off the debris so it doesn’t explode all over everything else first, however. There is some overlapping, but I am careful to make sure that the water flows so that it hits everything.

I have learned the hard way not to put drinking glasses with printing on them in the dishwasher, since the heat and pressure tends to wear off the printing.

That looks like quite a narrow dishwasher...

Back
Top Bottom