Recipe Lime Pickle

After 5 days but not much sun....

5 days.jpg

I only have my chooks to speak to :(

Out of interest, what language do you use when you speak to them? We have two cats and my wife speaks to them in English although the cats were obviously born here so are either Thai or Khmer. She reverts to Thai sometimes if she is angry with them.

Out of interest, what language do you use when you speak to them? We have two cats and my wife speaks to them in English although the cats were obviously born here so are either Thai or Khmer. She reverts to Thai sometimes if she is angry with them.

Norwegian seagull or Gordy song.
(bob, Bob, Bob... Or borrr (up an 3 notes) borrr and may occasionally up another 3 and borrr again)

Occasionally English (british as opposed to Australian, though for 3 there was formerly an Australian career, and for the other 3 there was an American career)

And your psychiatrist is which nationality?
It comes from out attempted round the world cycle tour. When we were in Northern Norway, almost as far as you can go, my OH started talking to seagulls. He actually found he could get a response from them. He was sitting on the end of a pier (escaping my parents who had paid for the cabin and we were having a week's 'holiday' with them) and started copying the sound it was making. As we went on in the tour he found that the Norwegian ones all replied to him with the same sound if he made the same sound... later on, they didn't and it seemed like each 'nationality' had its own noises.
Gordy song comes from another cycle tour where we were on a campsite which had 4 chickens roaming freely on it. We were the only tent and they adopted us very quickly. Listening to them they actually sung (3 different notes - very similar to the first 3 different notes of the 'Last Post' - as they walked around and Stuart copied it and got a response. This kept him and them entertained for the rest of the evening and the following morning.... So he now tries Norwegian seagull and Gordy Song out on any seagull or chicken he comes across... :giggle:

One of our chooks makes the right bob bob bob sound for norwegain seagull but he has yet to get a response from here. He is also trying to teach them to sing as well... :whistling: Its not me that needs the psychiatrist honestly. :whistling:

:giggle:

We've had a little more sun recently (our sunniest months are December/January). This is after 10 days.

10 days s.jpg

This is not the easiest of subjects to photograph. This one was captured in the morning 90 minutes after sunrise in the shade on a sunny day. 50 mm prime; 1/125; f8; ISO 800.

I may try another at dusk using remote diffused flash at 3 o'clock.

We've had a little more sun recently (our sunniest months are December/January). This is after 10 days.

View attachment 3834

This is not the easiest of subjects to photograph. This one was captured in the morning 90 minutes after sunrise in the shade on a sunny day. 50 mm prime; 1/125; f8; ISO 800.

That also feels too big and too close for me as well. Perhaps it is the size of which you are uploading pictures? the horizontal pixels?

That also feels too big and too close for me as well. Perhaps it is the size of which you are uploading pictures? the horizontal pixels?

That one is 1000 px (generally because that size fits my laptop screen after posting on this forum software). The original is 3456 px

That one is 1000 px (generally because that size fits my laptop screen after posting on this forum software). The original is 3456 px
Yeh - I find that a touch too big. I'm on a smaller laptop screen but it can display the full 1000 pixels (not to mention a satellite broadband connection (!)) and I think it's max is 1440 or something like that.

Are you aware you can set the forum to full width on your laptop? It is down in the bottom left hand corner - I have some instructions for it under the welcome forum. there is a sub-forum called general help or something like that... but just below the Share this page, tweet, and then Forums with an arrow to the right (carrying on with Food, Cooking and Recipes,.... there should be a word like default or something similar. Mine shows Full Width. It's the black bar at the bottom with Contact Us and Help on the right hand side. Click on the word default and you will get 3 options. One is Full Width. I find it a better size!

It's the black bar at the bottom with Contact Us and Help on the right hand side. Click on the word default and you will get 3 options. One is Full Width. I find it a better size!

I've changed it to "full width". It looks the same to me but I am somewhat lacking in the visual sense.

I changed it too but it looks no different. Its always appeared full width even before I became a member (if you see what I mean).

I've changed it to "full width". It looks the same to me but I am somewhat lacking in the visual sense.
The same picture will look the same size if the default size which is a scaled version has reached its maximum. What should look wider is the text with less wrap around. It is entirely your choice which one you go for, but for people like myself on smaller screens (and with limited data caps and slower connections) larger pictures can be an issue for us. In fact I have to minimise what is open. My laptop alone in the last 30 days (and this is just web access) has used 11Gb of data. Each of the tablets has used 2Gb of data, we have 2 of them. That is just day time use and with compression enabled to reduce data usage. I am very careful as to what I use and do. I don't watch YouTube or catch up TV, I don't watch any videos for that matter, listen to music or radio over the internet or anything that streams. Between the laptop, the 2 tablets and the 2 smartphone, internet access alone uses over 1/3rd of my data allowance. By the time we factor in system updates, email clients, app updates etc, I have used 2/3rds of my data allowance for peak hours and peak hours run from 7am to 1am local time. We can't actually watch catchup TV very often or watch videos. It is cheaper to purchase films on DVD or buy them outright and me download them when I wake during the night, than it is to actually go over our data allowance. The joys of satellite broadband and internet access for all... an Australian government scheme where the satellite dish, installation and kit has to be provided free of charge to those who can not get broadband through their telephone line because they live too far from an exchange.

View attachment 3834

This series would be an ideal candidate for the media button albums...

Back
Top Bottom