Recipe Lime Pickle

The same picture will look the same size if the default size which is a scaled version has reached its maximum. What should look wider is the text with less wrap around. It is entirely your choice which one you go for, but for people like myself on smaller screens (and with limited data caps and slower connections) larger pictures can be an issue for us. In fact I have to minimise what is open. My laptop alone in the last 30 days (and this is just web access) has used 11Gb of data. Each of the tablets has used 2Gb of data, we have 2 of them. That is just day time use and with compression enabled to reduce data usage. I am very careful as to what I use and do. I don't watch YouTube or catch up TV, I don't watch any videos for that matter, listen to music or radio over the internet or anything that streams. Between the laptop, the 2 tablets and the 2 smartphone, internet access alone uses over 1/3rd of my data allowance. By the time we factor in system updates, email clients, app updates etc, I have used 2/3rds of my data allowance for peak hours and peak hours run from 7am to 1am local time. We can't actually watch catchup TV very often or watch videos. It is cheaper to purchase films on DVD or buy them outright and me download them when I wake during the night, than it is to actually go over our data allowance. The joys of satellite broadband and internet access for all... an Australian government scheme where the satellite dish, installation and kit has to be provided free of charge to those who can not get broadband through their telephone line because they live too far from an exchange.

Yes, there is less wrap around on the text. I think I prefer it on default - quicker to read.

Yes, there is less wrap around on the text. I think I prefer it on default - quicker to read.
I'm the exact opposite because of my dyslexia. I can't follow things from line to line if there are not decent spaces between lines, so the fewer lines..

Right off to bed. Talk in the early hours my time no doubt.

After dark, I set it up using the 18 - 55 mm lense, undiffused remote flash at 9 o'clock with a white chopping board at 3 o'clock as a reflector. With the flash at 2 foot it was too bright, with the flash at 4 foot it was still too bright so I gave up and poured another beer!

10 night-2s.jpg

1/125; f9; ISO 400; 31mm.

After dark, I set it up using the 18 - 55 mm lense, undiffused remote flash at 9 o'clock with a white chopping board at 3 o'clock as a reflector. With the flash at 2 foot it was too bright, with the flash at 4 foot it was still too bright so I gave up and poured another beer!

View attachment 3843

1/125; f9; ISO 400; 31mm.
You know that there is a seperate flash exposure compensation where you can do the flash exposure by 1/3 EV intervals? This is seperate to underexposing the image itself? Mine lives at -1EV on my powershots...

You know that there is a seperate flash exposure compensation where you can do the flash exposure by 1/3 EV intervals? This is seperate to underexposing the image itself? Mine lives at -1EV on my powershots...

Yes

I am able to adjust on the flash itself by up to ± 3 stops or use the settings on the camera. The camera settings take precedence, I can also adjust the power of the flash from full to 1/64th but last night I was getting bored and thirsty. :cheers:

I'm probably the only person on here old enough to remember "Quatermass and the Pit"!!

After 14 days it is apparent that it hasn't been in the sun long enough (it's been a bit cloudy of late) therefore I shall give it a bit longer.

For information, both images were captured with the prime 50 mm lens; the former outside in the shade (white balance at 7,000K); the latter inside with diffused borrowed daylight at 12 o'clock (white balance the same). I would say that the actual colour is somewhere between the two.

Back
Top Bottom