Looking for a whiskey cream sauce recipe for chicken

Long story short from memory, one died then the other gave up and died just after. I recently threw their books out in s clean out of books. I threw out 200 plus books, well, left at a book library for reuse.

Russ
Okay, just read a story about them, one died of prostate cancer and the other committed suicide via overdose a few months later, stating he couldn't see a future without his partner. So sad.

Apparently they had a play about them?

Okay, just read a story about them, one died of prostate cancer and the other committed suicide via overdose a few months later, stating he couldn't see a future without his partner. So sad.

Apparently they had a play about them?

Yeah I saw that somewhere, try you tube them, they were so funny.

Russ

So I cut skinless and boneless chicken breasts into thin pieces and dusted them with flour, salt, and pepper. I sauteed mushrooms and onions in butter and olive oil, then used a slotted spoon to remove them from the pan and set them aside. I pan-fried the chicken 2 minutes on each side, put them in a glass baking pan and covered it with foil. I deglazed the fry pan with several generous pours of whiskey and added a little of the dredge flour, a few splashes of lemon juice, some heavy cream, chicken broth, and dried thyme. I cooked it on low heat until it reduced a bit. I tasted it and added some salt and pepper, added back the mushrooms and onions, then poured the sauce over the chicken breasts and baked them for 20 minutes. I cooked the pasta and strained it but left a bit of water in the pan, took the chicken out of the oven, and stirred some of the sauce into the pasta on low heat. After plating the pasta and chicken I sprinkled chopped fresh parsley and green onion and some shredded parmesan cheese. I didn't measure anything but my husband devoured it and kept telling me it was fantastic. I was pretty pleased with it myself! As you can see in the last photo, I used my silicone spatula to scrape every bit of that delectable sauce out of the glass pan, it was too good to waste!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom