Looking for gluten free, non dairy dessert recipes

valedevento

Veteran
Local time
7:22 PM
In February we will have dinner with our new neighbours and I look forward cooking for them :) I love making desserts and will have one on the menu. The problem is that my neighbour is not only gluten intolerant, she also can't have dairy. So I guess I am looking for a vegan and gluten free dessert? Would also like to experiment with raw desserts? I have found a few interesting ideas on this forum (thanks morninglory for the chocolate cake recipe), but any other suggestions are appreciated. What kind of flour do you use in your gluten free baking? I have used almond flour and know about garbanzo bean flour, but I don't quite know how to substitute them. Do you just use the same amount that you would use if using normal flour? Do you need to increase some of the other ingredients? I made a cake once with almond flour that just fell apart when it came out of the tin :-(

Thanks classic33, that cake looks amazing! Is there an alternative for xanthan gum? I have never heard of it and don't think my local grocery store stocks it.

This is quite timely as I am presently worried sick about my son who's had some medical issues where at least one doctor thought he might have Crohn"s disease and recommended a gluten free diet. Initial test did not confirm this but I still worry since I don't know what's truly the problem and think I should still encourage this type of lifestyle as he keeps getting stomach issues. He loves, loves, loves chocolate cake and the last time he ate a lot he got terribly ill. The cake Classic recommended should be a great alternative.

I'm learning slowly but surely about gluten free cooking. Most recipes can be made gluten free but it takes a lot of creativity. Most of the gluten free things I've found are full of refined sugars and additives. My husband enjoys these desserts!! You all might too! :)
Miracle peanut butter cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Heat oven to 350, combine all ingredients, roll into balls, sprinkle sugar on top, smash with a fork.

Only bake these about 6 minutes or so, they burn pretty easy. Also let them rest on the baking sheet about 3 minutes before removing.

Also this isn't a recipe but betty Crocker makes gluten free brownie mix. It's not very healthy, but really are brownies supposed to be good for you? :)

Back
Top Bottom