Lost in Translation: How Dishes Evolve

Growing up, cooking was pretty much nonstop for my mom, starting at around 5:30AM and serving the last meal around 6PM, though she'd frequently make a pie or cake after that.

One person cooking for 8-10 people, I'd watch her just get the breakfast dishes washed, then not even break her stride to get the next meal going. Never stopped.

Same and how she had time to have a garden bigger than ours here, and fruit trees to make jams etc. I can remember going to sleep at night with the sound of her treadle sewing machine making pjs for half the neighbour hood. He'll I'm lazy compared to her. :)

Russ

Ah “Buona serata” yes, you are good! Thank you and buona serata to you too
The only word I know (and not very well) in your language is Chevapcici which I had when I have been to Croatia many years ago. I still remember them, how good.
For par condicio, how is have a nice evening in Croatian?
Thank you. Good morning! It was veey funny how I tried to get around Torino with my 10 words from the operas and music😂...I really do not speak Italian...just a few words, and when we missed the bus stop, I thought O ciel! I think it was from Aida or similar 😂😂

Čevapčići😂👍nice, although it is not a Croatian traditional dish, it is oriental, more Bosnian, Serbian, Turkish probably but many people love them and make them and oirder them...me too when I ate meat...especially the Bulgarian kebapcheta were delicious and double as long as the local ones...

Ugodnu večer is have a nice evening in Croatian🙂

Thank you. Good morning! It was veey funny how I tried to get around Torino with my 10 words from the operas and music😂...I really do not speak Italian...just a few words, and when we missed the bus stop, I thought O ciel! I think it was from Aida or similar 😂😂

Čevapčići😂👍nice, although it is not a Croatian traditional dish, it is oriental, more Bosnian, Serbian, Turkish probably but many people love them and make them and oirder them...me too when I ate meat...especially the Bulgarian kebapcheta were delicious and double as long as the local ones...

Ugodnu večer is have a nice evening in Croatian🙂

Ah! I thought they were Croatian. Ok thank you for clarifying :).
And thank you for Ugodnu večer!

The only time I have a full English is when staying at a/n hotel.

Otherwise it's just coffee or if I have time a Weetabix or something similar.

No milk or sugar in my coffee.

Dash of milk in my tea and I leave the tea bag in the cup, or if using my tea pig I leave that in.
This is so interesting to read. For coffee I have tried coconut cream, just scooped up after refrigerating, that was delicious.

Almond milk is very tasty too. I should not have milk in it, but the few drops are ok...cream is good...right now I am having a black coffee. No sugar. No desserts.

Sometimes vending machine mixtures have sugar, but if the rest of my diet is balanced, carb low, it is fine.

Tea...in Poland I took the 5 o' clock tea without sugar with some milk, it was fantastic. Many years ago.

Tea in general, I take it in all forms...had hectolitres of chamomille during a cold, like the green tea and peppermint leaves one, love the green with jasmine,fruit infusion teas are so cool and playful, rarely would I have black teas...but if longing for it, of course!

I love the whole tea ritual though, if I had the time, I would definitely want a beautiful teapot, tea cups, the delicious sandwiches, cakes, the socializing, all that...but...it is ok, when the time is right, it shall come.😁

Back
Top Bottom