Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday/Carnival/Pancake day

Youngest daughter is leaving for Brasil tomorrow with her fiancé. I wish I was going.
So they have left Miami and will be arriving in Brasil late, too bad Carnival is canceled (postponed) but they will still have a really great time, I think it's supposed to be 85 and sunny for the next 10 days. I think its about 30F out here in OH tonight...sigh.

I shall be making pancake batter (or more likely my wife will be) in the morrow to rest until we return from the pub, c.15:00.

That looks strangely brownish - is it the photo?

Could be the lighting. It was taken a couple of years ago (25:02:2020 at around 16:30).

[Edit: I'll take another shot of tomorrow's batter if I remember).

Last edited:
Pancake batter here is a creamy yellow colour from the egg yolk...

Pancakes are thin (½pt milk, 4oz flour, 2 eggs)...

Only ever served with lemon & sugar

That was the last pancake and hubby's so only a very quick snap shot. He doesn't like them going cold on him!

I've never understood why the pattern on the pancake surface alters with every one. I thinly spread a little oil with kitchen paper each time in the same frying pan at the same heat but the pattern changes.

I won't lose sleep over it though.
The heat is not always the same, you've to spend a lot of money for a surface to be always at the exact same point of heat. Besides of that, the batter should be an absolutely homogeneous mass as well, with every laddle, and don't forget to put it into the pan at the exact speed/movement, and if you've an exhaust hood it should be working with the exact same power. Nothing is impossible in the kitchen, it may just not be worth it.

What is your definition of "later"? :laugh:

When I don't have more important things to do. I got a new computer for business, and I'm getting it set up the way I want it. I pop in here when it is doing things on its own.

CD

Back
Top Bottom