Mashed Potato ?

We have only one species of potato here in Nakhorn Nowhere; it's called a potato.

Curiously it isn't that much better in Australia either. I can get red, white or some with earth on them. Then there are three irregulars. It's a type of veg and fruit range cheaper than most that is irregular in shape, colour or appearance. It's usually half the price, sometimes needs ripening or like carrots are simply irregular in shape but still very tasty. Red appear to be the floury ones, white then waxy ones, earthy are best for spuds and roasting. The irregulars could be anything!

I have some red, floury ones growing in the garden. If i have enough space I'll get some pink fir apples growing as well, but I don't think I'll have the space tbh!

We have only one species of potato here in Nakhorn Nowhere; it's called a potato. Cube and boil in salted water for 12 minutes or so, then mash with a little milk and butter. Add a little seasoning but nowt else.

A Yorkshire spud masher:

View attachment 3377
That is also a Texas potato masher.
The common variety grown here is the plain brown russet. We also get red potatoes.
Now in some stores you can get small purple and small yellow and other varieties but they will cost an arm and a leg.
Yes, I loved mashed potatoes. Preferably with gravy.
I also liked baked potatoes. There is a restaurant here that serves all you can eat pizza, pasta, salad and baked potatoes and 2 soups. I tend to make a diet potato. A dollop of butter, a dollop of sour cream and their lite ranch dressing on top. (The lite has more seasoning than the regular. )

@purplepen88 I use my hand mixer to mix up our mashed potatoes. Garlic is a yummy addition to mashed potatoes; along with plenty of salt and butter. We also love fried patties, but usually eat up all the mashed potatoes!

We used to mash our potatoes with garlic butter

Back
Top Bottom