Recipe Matcha Fettuccine tossed in Brown Butter, Peas & Asparagus

AgileMJOLNIR

Local time
4:51 PM
Hi all - New to this forum and thought I’d make this my first post. The pasta does not have an overwhelming Matcha flavor and is very subtle. Tossed with the Brown Butter sauce and a dollop of Ricotta and Red Pepper flakes, it really hits the tastebuds for me.

Recipe is below under the pics:wink:

2AFB1F54-D0D5-4458-ADAE-78B1F3AA855C.jpeg
CEF7D024-FFE0-4ADC-9A63-750A5814C3DA.jpeg

FOR THE DOUGH (use whatever flour you have but this is what I did, I also used a Kitchenaid to cut it otherwise use a knife if you don’t have a pasta cutter)

3 cups (14oz, 400g) farro flour
4 extra large organic eggs
1 pinch of salt
2 tablespoons (10g) organic matcha

PASTA
2TBS Butter
4 Garlic cloves minced
1 bunch Asparagus trimmed
2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
8oz Ricotta
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS
1) Make your pasta first in a Kitchenaid or food processor by blending all ingredients. Once done, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30min. Remove, roll to your preferred thickness and cut into whatever noodle you want, I did Fettuccini.

2) Throw noodles into your salted boiling water for 2-4 minutes then place in a colander to drain. Make sure to reserve 1 cup of pasta water.

3) Use a large skillet and melt your butter until is browns. Add the garlic and sauté for 1min but do not brown. Add your peas and asparagus and sauté for another 3-5min until the asparagus is soft but crisp.

4) Toss in your pasta and toss together using pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until you reach the desired level of creaminess you want. Salt and pepper to taste.

5) Place in a bowl, top with Ricotta and Red Pepper flakes and a little flaky salt if desired.

Very pretty! I have some matcha powder but hadn't thought to use it in pasta. I like the lightness of this dish and can imagine that the brown butter adds a lovely nutty flavour.

Please post an intro over on New to CookingBites? and tell us a bit about yourself.

Very pretty! I have some matcha powder but hadn't thought to use it in pasta. I like the lightness of this dish and can imagine that the brown butter adds a lovely nutty flavour.

Please post an intro over on New to CookingBites? and tell us a bit about yourself.
Thanks Morning - Appreciate the comment and I’ll make sure to make an introduction post over there:wink:

That looks amazing, great idea to add matcha and give it that subtle taste. I use brown butter when baking but I have never tried it with my pasta, cannot wait to try this recipe, thank you!

That looks amazing, great idea to add matcha and give it that subtle taste. I use brown butter when baking but I have never tried it with my pasta, cannot wait to try this recipe, thank you!
Than you I appreciate it. I was surprised how light it seemed to make the pasta, it really was delicious and I can’t wait to make more.
But Brown butter is pretty good too:wink:

Back
Top Bottom