Metric system measurements to American measurements

For some reason I use imperial teaspoons and tablespoons for "dry" stuff, milliltres for "wet" stuff and grams for weight. However, today I picked up a whole New Zealand beef fillet which is 1 cubit long.

Btw the last fillet I got off my halal guy was $28 nz and I got 12 thick steaks.

Russ

Hmmm I'm gunna try this, can't see why it wouldn't work, I'm about minimalist as well. :)

Russ

You can practice by using a measuring spoon to put your seasonings in the cupped palm of your hand. It doesn't take long to etch the image in your head.

CD

Hey, I use the palm of my hand to measure seasonings and spices.

As I need a spoon of some form to retrieve spices from their jars, I may as well use measuring spoons.

For some reason I use imperial teaspoons and tablespoons for "dry" stuff, milliltres for "wet" stuff and grams for weight. However, today I picked up a whole New Zealand beef fillet which is 1 cubit long.

That will come in handy if you ever get called upon to build an ark.

CD

Hey, I use the palm of my hand to measure seasonings and spices. I have teaspoons and tablespoons down. That wouldn't be a good idea for baking, but for cooking, it saves me a lot of clean up. In my kitchen, and "handful" is a unit of measure. :laugh:

CD
Yeah, I am a 5'1 female with small hands and slender fingers, I am sure that pinches and handfuls for me are a great deal smaller than your man-sized mits are. A handful of celery is going to be about enough for a bowl of soup.

Back
Top Bottom