Recipe Mexican potato salad

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:49 AM
This is from "The Vegetarian Table - Mexico" cookbook. It uses Sicilian or Castelvetrano olives, which I absolutely love. They are great to have as a snack with a little slice of Parm R. Of course, the salt content on that snack is through the roof. Anyway, on with the recipe.

full.jpg

1 pound small red potatoes, washed, larger ones cut in half if necessary
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (I used Creole)
2 Tbsp EVOO
12 Sicilian/Castelvetrano green olives, rinsed, drained, pitted if needed, and coarsely chopped
2 pickled jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
3/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
8 medium to medium-large radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt if needed

In a medium pot, boil the potatoes until fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain, place back in the pan to let dry out a little for 10-15 minutes. Toss the cider vinegar in with the potatoes. Add the mustard and EVOO, stir gently. Add the olives, jalapenos, radishes, cilantro, scallions and sprinkle the black pepper around the pan. Gently mix until blended. Taste and add additional salt if needed. Serve at room temperature.

This is from "The Vegetarian Table - Mexico" cookbook. It uses Sicilian or Castelvetrano olives, which I absolutely love. They are great to have as a snack with a little slice of Parm R. Of course, the salt content on that snack is through the roof. Anyway, on with the recipe.

View attachment 39865

1 pound small red potatoes, washed, larger ones cut in half if necessary
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (I used Creole)
2 Tbsp EVOO
12 Sicilian/Castelvetrano green olives, rinsed, drained, pitted if needed, and coarsely chopped
2 pickled jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
3/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
8 medium to medium-large radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt if needed

In a medium pot, boil the potatoes until fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain, place back in the pan to let dry out a little for 10-15 minutes. Toss the cider vinegar in with the potatoes. Add the mustard and EVOO, stir gently. Add the olives, jalapenos, radishes, cilantro, scallions and sprinkle the black pepper around the pan. Gently mix until blended. Taste and add additional salt if needed. Serve at room temperature.

Hold the olives, I'm in. :)

Russ

Back
Top Bottom