Steak chilli ingredients for 2 persons:
200 g sliced good quality steak
100 g red bell pepper slices
2 small onions, sliced
1 small can of corn (100 g)
1 small can of pinto beans (100 g)
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tsp liquid smoke
150 mls of water (approx, add more if the mixture is too dry)
A spice mix of the following: 3 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp sweet paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot), 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp black pepper. Salt to taste.

Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add in some olive oil, the onions and some salt. Gently brown the onions, then add the peppers, corn, and pinto beans. Plus the liquid smoke. Stir until the peppers soften, then add the tomato paste and the spice mix. Cook for another minute or two and add the water when it becomes sticky, then let the vegetables simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
While the veggies simmer, fry the steak in a different pan. Make sure not to overdo it, just browning the steak is enough. Then add to the chilli and simmer for another 5 minutes.
That's all there is to it!

You can make it as complicated or as simple as you like by adding toppings or side dishes. This can easily be served on it's own wrapped in a tortilla, but also with sides like the pictured rice and guacamole.

Cinnamon is a new addition for me. I'm tempted to try it. It looks yummy.

While the veggies simmer, fry the steak in a different pan. Make sure not to overdo it, just browning the steak is enough. Then add to the chilli and simmer for another 5 minutes.

So this is a piece of steak you are using then slicing, rather than minced beef which is more often used? I like that.

I'm with you on the cinnamon. But where is the chilli in the ingredients list?

Back
Top Bottom