Recipe Mini Potato and Spinach Pies

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:32 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk

Makes 6 pies, Preparation 10 mins, Cooking 15 to 20 mins.

• 500g fresh spinach or 400g frozen spinach
  • 3 medium sized potatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 onion or 1 shallot
  • Grated Parmigiano cheese, 1 heaped tablespoon +a sprinkle
  • salt, pepper, to taste
  • EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
  • a knob of unsalted butter for the moulds
  • breadcrumbs, to taste
Method

Wash and cut the spinach into small pieces.
Cut the potatoes into quarters and boil them in plenty of unsalted water.

Chop the onion or shallot, brown in a pan with 2 tablespoons of Evoo, add the spinach, cover with a lid for about ten minutes, let it cool down.
Drain the potatoes, mash them in a potato masher, put the puree in a bowl and leave to cool. Alternatively, mash them with a fork, having previously peeled them.

Add the eggs, a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of black pepper to the bowl with the potatoes and mix, then add both spinach and onion, a tablespoon of grated Parmesan and mix again.

Preheat the oven to 180°/ F 350 / Gas 4.

Grease and sprinkle breadcrumbs into single-serving moulds or muffin moulds, fill with the potato and spinach mixture.

Bake in static oven 15 to 20 mins, wait a few minutes before removing them from the moulds, a sprinkle of grated Parmigiano and serve.

I like to eat spinach, but I have a problem with how it looks when I just sautee it in a pan with butter.
Stay healthy

I am often amazed by the quantity of fresh spinach you put in the pan and it looks like a mountain of leaves, then as soon as it is cooked, you get a very small amount :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom