This is so easy to make, and so good.

Ingredients

2 5-ounces tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons red miso paste
2 tablespoons chardonnay
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions

1. Rinse tilapia and pat dry with a paper towel.

2. Blend all other ingredients until fully integrated. Coat tilapia with the marinade and refrigerate in a sealed container for at least an hour.

3. Preheat oven broiler. Place tilapia on a baking sheet.

IMG_0496.JPG

4. Heat for 3 minutes, then check the fillets.Continue broiling in 1 minute intervals until the coating has caramelized and blackened a bit.

IMG_0497.JPG

5. Lower temperature to 375°F (190°C). Brush remaining miso glaze on the surface of the tilapia. Continue baking for 5-7 minutes, or until remaining glaze has caramelized.

Tilapia is everywhere in the States. I suspect that other types of fish that are served at restaurants are actually tilapia under an assumed name.

I have a friend in Texas that catches it regularly. Didn't know about other states? It looks very like our blue cod we have here, I think I'd like it?

Russ

I have a friend in Texas that catches it regularly. Didn't know about other states? It looks very like our blue cod we have here, I think I'd like it?

Russ
There are definite similarities. Both are mild tasting with a light sweetness to them. Both take very well to just about anything you want to do to them (fry, broil, bake, serve hot, serve cold). If you like cod, then I'm sure you'd like tilapia.

Back
Top Bottom