Missing members?

Its even longer since Wyshiepoo visited.

Tip for those who don't know: hold your cursor over the member's avatar/icon to see when they last visited the forum.

Its even longer since Wyshiepoo visited.

Tip for those who don't know: hold your cursor over the member's avatar/icon to see when they last visited the forum.

Hi. I'm around, alopogies . Will be posting again shortly, I've just been dealing with 'The Black Dog'. Plus I find if you miss two or three days it becomes a week, then two weeks then three...
To be honest as I've been a little down I haven't been 'feeling the love' with my cooking anyway.

Hi. I'm around, alopogies . Will be posting again shortly, I've just been dealing with 'The Black Dog'. Plus I find if you miss two or three days it becomes a week, then two weeks then three...
To be honest as I've been a little down I haven't been 'feeling the love' with my cooking anyway.

Oh dear - I've not been very happy either, mainly due to various health issues. I hope you will perk up soon as we miss your posts!

Oh dear - I've not been very happy either, mainly due to various health issues. I hope you will perk up soon as we miss your posts!
Funny, same here. My issues are:

1. I hate my job. I really, truly, deeply-in-my-soul hate my job, but I'm only a few years out from retirement, and we need the health insurance, so "hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go..."

2. Much of this year has been spent dealing with health issues - cataract surgery in both eyes for the wife, then in the midst of some undiagnosed ENT thing, she had a heart attack, and on top of that, she's a terrible patient. She obsesses over every little thing ("should I or should I not put a band-aid over the spot where they did my heart cath?" - that was a 40 minute discussion yesterday), and I'm to the point where I'm just so exhausted talking about bruises and congestion and aches and pains and "this doesn't feel right" and "that feels funny" and doctor this and nurse that and hospital this other thing and picking up prescriptions without end and having to think about insurance and sitting on the phone with them and clueless clinic staff...enough already! I just want a normal conversation with somebody for a change, y'know? 😕

3. Lots of money has gone out the door in the last couple of months, from a $1K house repair to a $1K car repair to about $2K for fetching MrsTasty from Detroit. Thankfully, we're not skint, but just the psychological aspect of it all wears me down after a while, exacerbated by the wife, who does act like we're one emergency from living on the street in the best of times.

For both of us, though, the next 90 days are the best of the whole year, so hoping that helps.

I hate my job. I really, truly, deeply-in-my-soul hate my job,

Well, one good thing about your job from what I've gathered is that at least some of the time you can work from home, so it has a bit of flexibility. Imagine if you had to commute for hours every day and sit in the same dreary office.

Well, one good thing about your job from what I've gathered is that at least some of the time you can work from home, so it has a bit of flexibility. Imagine if you had to commute for hours every day and sit in the same dreary office.
That's true, though it's definitely a double-edged sword - that flexibility also means I'm expected to work any day, any time, even when I'm on vacation. I'm constantly butting heads with management over that.

Funny, same here. My issues are:

1. I hate my job. I really, truly, deeply-in-my-soul hate my job, but I'm only a few years out from retirement, and we need the health insurance, so "hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go..."

2. Much of this year has been spent dealing with health issues - cataract surgery in both eyes for the wife, then in the midst of some undiagnosed ENT thing, she had a heart attack, and on top of that, she's a terrible patient. She obsesses over every little thing ("should I or should I not put a band-aid over the spot where they did my heart cath?" - that was a 40 minute discussion yesterday), and I'm to the point where I'm just so exhausted talking about bruises and congestion and aches and pains and "this doesn't feel right" and "that feels funny" and doctor this and nurse that and hospital this other thing and picking up prescriptions without end and having to think about insurance and sitting on the phone with them and clueless clinic staff...enough already! I just want a normal conversation with somebody for a change, y'know? 😕

3. Lots of money has gone out the door in the last couple of months, from a $1K house repair to a $1K car repair to about $2K for fetching MrsTasty from Detroit. Thankfully, we're not skint, but just the psychological aspect of it all wears me down after a while, exacerbated by the wife, who does act like we're one emergency from living on the street in the best of times.

For both of us, though, the next 90 days are the best of the whole year, so hoping that helps.

I've always said if you don't like your job, move on, but I can see you're in a hard place, just have to tough it out I guess. A couple of years will go pretty quick. I had a big op about 13 years ago and I got pretty down and things didn't look good. I was out in the truck and I had to wait at a pedestrian crossing for a guy in a wheelchair, his whole life revolved around a joystick, I watched him go across the crossing. I thought my life's pretty good really. I came right from then on. We need to appreciate what we have I guess. Hope things pick up for you. :)

Russ

I thought my life's pretty good really. I came right from then on. We need to appreciate what we have I guess. Hope things pick up for you. :)
The funny thing is, it's my wife who's the negative one, and I'm always the one saying, "Hey, you've got a house, you've got food, you've got water - that's puts you ahead of about 90% of the rest of the world, so cheer up!"

I'm just terrible at doing more than one thing at a time or having more than one thing at a time to deal with, so I like getting a little break between emergencies and problems to solve. MrsTasty used to be the one who was more of the planner/organizer/problem solver, but when she had her stroke, that changed overnight. She went from being decisive and confident to exactly the opposite, and then, all of a sudden, I was the one having to figure out when to do this and what to do about that, and it just wears my brain out. Between the house and the job, I'm just mentally and physically exhausted most of the time.

The funny thing is, it's my wife who's the negative one, and I'm always the one saying, "Hey, you've got a house, you've got food, you've got water - that's puts you ahead of about 90% of the rest of the world, so cheer up!"

I'm just terrible at doing more than one thing at a time or having more than one thing at a time to deal with, so I like getting a little break between emergencies and problems to solve. MrsTasty used to be the one who was more of the planner/organizer/problem solver, but when she had her stroke, that changed overnight. She went from being decisive and confident to exactly the opposite, and then, all of a sudden, I was the one having to figure out when to do this and what to do about that, and it just wears my brain out. Between the house and the job, I'm just mentally and physically exhausted most of the time.

Yeah that makes it hard, maybe time to take a break. Even a weekend away would maybe help. Change of environment ?? Wife and I have pretty good health so always feel for those that don't. You can't help your wife if you can't recharge yourself?

Russ

all of a sudden, I was the one having to figure out when to do this and what to do about that, and it just wears my brain out. Between the house and the job, I'm just mentally and physically exhausted most of the time.

Its easier said than done but it sounds to me as if you need to let certain things go. Things that in the scheme of things aren't so important. I don't know what they might be in your case but for me its some aspects of housework. I never ever do any ironing for example. And I pay someone to do boring gardening jobs - and consider I'm very lucky to be able to afford that.

Back
Top Bottom